17. Still Conscious

"Mehek! Enough of your tantrums! If you don't eat now I'm gonna dump this gravy in your head!" Falak said irritated.

After two hours of constant bickering and argument Falak was able to calm her down, but she was still under the shock that so much had happened in front of her and yet she was oblivious to it. 

"Go ahead with it you idiot!! First you go behind my back, conspired with my parents, got me engaged! Now you're scolding me!!" She sobbed sniffing in a tissue paper.

"You are unbelievable!! You should be thankful that I conspired. Imagine, what would have happened if I hadn't barged in on them that day? And yet her you are still sulking about.... Why are you sulking by the way!?" She asked with a serious tone.

"Is your brother ready! Do you know what he wants, what if he does not like me... what if he has agreed forcefully over this proposal?" She asked, more like questioned herself.

"Actually, he doesn't even know that it's his engagement tonight!" She said smiling sweetly at her.

"What? Are you crazy!! Oh my god, oh my god!" Mehek was on full panic mode She was standing on her bed, moving to and fro.

"Poor bhai!! Mehek, get down from the bed, don't act like a monkey, your supposed to be happy and act shy, not jump up and down like a monkey.!" Falak said holding her laughter back.

"Shy? And happy?" She literally jumped from the bed.

"Feel shy, from whom , from the one who is forcefully engaged to me and happy for what, for getting engaged without actually knowing who is my groom. Oh my god, I'm doomed.!" She said holding her head.

"What is your actual concern, tell me the truth in open words?"

"What if he rejects me in front of all the guests?" She said with teary eyes.

"I don't see you having a tail, fangs or claws! Why would he reject you?" She said hiding the truth about Ateeb's feelings towards her.

"I'm Sure! I'm gonna be rejected in front of so many people, what will happ...."

"Uff!! You are impossible, poor bhai has to tolerate you for his entire life! Bhai likes you okay!?"

"What? Really!??" Mehek asked with wide eyes.

"Yes bhabhi jaan.!" She teased.

"Please finish your lunch it's already 3:45, your dress will be here by 5, we need to get you ready so that bhai doesn't stand a chance against you." Mehek blushed at her words.

"Now, now, bhabhi jaan, save this blush for later. Finish your lunch, the beautician will be here soon."

"Falak is it impossible to cancel my booking with the beautician?"

"You want to cancel it!?" Mehek just nodded at her question with a calm smile.

"But, how will.."

"I want you to help me get ready."

"Phew, my bhabhi jaan is really a Hitler, first she was responsible for a secret engagement which we planned like a criminal, now she wants me to doll her up, okay ,okay, okay." Falak said with a dramatic look on her face. Mehek hugged Falak and thanked the almighty for she felt so lucky to have a friend like her.

A little while later, Falak was busy looking at the cosmetics when mehek said,

"How I wish Anaab was here with us!" Said Mehek.

"Wish granted!" Came a voice from outside  the door.

"Anaab?" Mehek frowned.

Anaab was their friend, more like partner in crime. She was their friend from primary classes! A year before she had shifted to Austria with her uncle and aunt. She had lost her father when she was 6 years old, a few years later she lost her mother in a plane crash. Though she had lost the most important people in her life. She maintained a positive behaviour towards everything. She believed everything that happened had a reason for its own good. Her mother's sister, who had no children had raised her as her own child.

"I tried calling her, but her mobile was switched off and......"

"Her mobile was switched off because she was travelling back to her besties!" Anaab entered Mehek's room. Both of them ran toward her screaming. They engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Oh my god! If I had known that you guys were planning on crushing me to death I wouldn't have come now, I would have made my grand entry after Ateeb bhai!" She said with a sweet smile.

"How are You?" Mehek asked with a happy smile.

"On seventh sky knowing that my bestie Is gonna be engaged to my another bestie's brother." She laughed at Mehek's flushed face.

"So you knew!" Mehek controlled and made an angry face.

"Of course she knew, you would have known too, if you had shared it with us." Falak said hiding behind Anaab. Mehek blushed.

"I can't wait to see Bhai' s expression." Falak and Anaab said at the same time.

"Don't you think we should get her dolled up?It's 5 already!"said Anaab.

"Yes! We should start! But her dress is not here yet. I think I shou....."

"Hi dears!!" In came Fiza with Mehek's dress.       

Hi hi hi sweeties,

This chapter was supposed to be published before Ateeb's chapter,

Oops! My bad, but I don't think it's confusing so I'll let it be the way it is

But, If you feel confused do tell me I'll change the order.

Since the last chapter was short I made this one a bit long,

Hope you guys like it enough to reward it with your precious votes.

Question to my beautiful readers:-
Who has a friend like Mehek or Falak?
If not, then who wants a bestie like Falak?
Tag your real/wattpad friend if she's funny like Falak
Mine is widadfatima
Love you sweet sister!😍😙
(psst! She hates the word sweetie but I like to irritate her 😉)

Please do share it with your friends and watty mates if you've enjoyed it so far.

Take care,
With love.
           Kiara💞