44. Feeling Blessed

The rays of morning sunlight peeped into the room through the thin space between the curtains. Mehek tried to open her eye lids, she rubbed her eyes and looked around trying to recognise her surroundings. She frowned at all the flowers around and suddenly it clicked, she was married last night. She tried to get up but was stopped with something heavy on her waist. She turned left and found Ateeb sleeping peacefully with his hand on her waist. She turned back and found Ateeb's hand beneath her head. She smiled and slowly tried to move his hand from her waist.

"Good morning Mrs. Ateeb." Ateeb mumbled in a sleepy-heavy voice. Tightening his hold on her.

Mehek felt her cheeks warm, she fell back on the pillow, hiding her face from him. Ateeb rose on his elbows, hovering over her back.

"Uh huh!! You my love! Have a very bad habit of not answering to my greetings." With that he turned her towards him. Mehek was now lying flat on her back and Ateeb encased her by resting both of his elbows on either side of her. Ateeb kissed her closed eyes. With great effort she opened her eyes, and was greeted by a smiling Ateeb.

"Good morning!" He said.

"Good morning!" Said Mehek, in a barely audible voice. He rested his head on her shoulder. Mehek shuddered at his warm breath on her neck. She made a futile attempt of pushing him, which only caused his hold tighter on her.

"Nuh huh!!" He shook his head, indicating he wasn't letting her go so soon.

"Please." She pleaded in a whisper.

"Why!?" He asked, his voice now husky. Mehek could only blush. He moved his head a little back and saw his wife flushed pink, he rested his forehead on her's. A beautiful shy smile made its way to Mehek's face, which only made him shower his love on her. Mehek pushed him back with all her might and jumped up from the bed, making a beeline towards the washroom. Ateeb's laughter followed her behind.

Mehek gazed at her reflection in the mirror. Dressed in pink and sky blue chudidar which had light cut-dana flowers on the neck line, sleeves and the hem line of the dress. She combed back her hair in a simple pony tail and wore the diamond pendant set, gifted by Ateeb. She peeped out of the walk in closet and found the room empty. She headed towards the bed and straightened the tangled quilt.

Mehek wanted to go down but fely shy, she had visited this home so many times but never felt shy. A knock on the door brought her back to reality. She adjusted the dupatta on her head and strode towards the door. Outside stood, Falak and Anaab with a huge grin plastered to their faces.

"Assalamu alaikum bhabhi jaan." Chirped Falak.

"Walaikum assalam." Mehek replied with a shy smile.

"Masha Allah, Masha Allah... look at that glow!" Exclaimed Anaab and hugged Mehek.

"Uhm hmm!" They turned at the voice of Ateeb clearing his throat.

"Assalamu alaikum bhai." Falak hugged Ateeb to which he kissed her forehead.

"Mom wants you both downstairs, breakfast is ready."

"Will be there in a few minutes dear." With that he headed towards the closet.

Mehek came downstairs with Falak and Anaab. She greeted Tehreem and Kafeel, both replied with a cheerful blessing. Through out the breakfast never once did she feel she wasn't in her home with her parents.
Mehek thanked the Almighty for she was blessed with such a loving and caring family.

*******

They reached the venue for the walima ceremony around 7. Ateeb and Mehek entered the hall together. Mehek tugged at her hand a few times but Ateeb just held it strong, smiling at her innocence. Together they headed towards the stage where a white sofa with copper metal edges, designed into floral patterns was decorated for them. Falak and Anaab helped Mehek adjust her dupatta on her head. Dressed in sky blue asymmetrical anarkali with flowy tail cut, with white sparkling crystals and white pearl embellishments on her dress and dupatta she looked no less than a fairy. Together they definitely made a praise worthy couple.