40. Another Name Of Care

As promised I used it where I said I would Crazy_lollipop_lover

"You what!?" Tehreem was shocked. All this while she was worried thinking how to break this to her daughter. Now she didn't know if she should be relieved that Falak knows or should be worried about the fact that her daughter has discovered something which will break her heart.

"I'm sorry mom! It wasn't intentional. I was about to ask dad about something but I... " she muttered. Tehreem just stared at her dear daughter. She searched for any signs of devastation or disappointment in her expressions but all she could say was, she looked upset.

"Falak, beta! No matter what we would always support you."

"What? It's not about me, it's about him...." she was puzzled at her mother's words.

"Yes beta! I agree, and that's what I'm saying... whatever you decide we will always be with you." Tehreem smiled at her.

"Mom? What's there to decide?" She was beyond puzzled right now.  

"Falak? Do you still want to....." she sighed,clearly not knowing what her question should be.

"Mom!!please be clear." Said Falak, now with a worried look.

"You still want to marry him?" Her question shocked Falak.

"Mom!! What are you talking about?!" She asked with her eyes bulging out.

"Falak, you sure you heard everything." Asked Tehreem.

"Yes mom I did but, I was clearly not expecting this kind of question." Falak dragged a chair from the two-seater dining table on the kitchen and slumped on it, holding her head.

"Falak, are you okay!" Tehreem was now worried at her actions.

"Yes Mom! I'm okay, just a headache, I wasn't able to sleep last night." Tehreem turned towards the counter and prepared her a cup of coffee. Once she was finished with it. Tehreem brought Falak to her room. She made her sit on her bed and sat right beside her.

"Mom, why do you think I'm not ok after hearing everything?" Her question surprised Tehreem.

"Are you supposed to Ok? I mean really? Falak, you are engaged to a man who is... I don't know... What am I supposed to say?"

"Mom! Relax! Just because he has had a sad past written on his fate doesn't mean he will always be the same." Falak smiled at Tehreem.

"Falak, sweetheart I know, but you can't blame me for being a protective Mom! I wish only the best for you.. I agree it's not Wajahat's fault, but we have to look out for you too.. you're my baby princess and I can't let anything hurt you.." Tehreem hugged Falak, to which she just smiled.

"I'm not blaming you Mom! I'm well aware of the worries that you and dad are going through, and Bhai's stern behaviour too. But, do you think us backing out from this alliance is gonna be good for any of us! I don't know about anyone else, but the guilt of rejecting him just because he is broken after losing someone is not going to be good on my part."

"Falak.... can you accept a man, who is incomplete?, who's other half is isolation?" Tehreem asked with worried eyes.

"Mom! What is mine, will be mine. No matter how hard we try. And what's not written for me will never reach me." She smiled at her.

"I don't know why Falak, but you being Ok with everything had made me more worried than before." Tehreem looked around the room, avoiding Falak's eyes, on one point she was happy that her daughter was sensible and mature enough that she was ok with it. On the other hand she was worried to her soul, thinking what will be happen if they just let time do the magic.