29. A Wedding, Full Of Surprises

The hall was beautifully decorated in grey white theme. There were nine huge pillars on each side of the wall. Wrapped in light ash-grey satin fabric and a huge wide, bouquet of assorted white flowers on top of it. Satin and net white and grey fabrics attached from one flower bouquet to the next one and small crystal drapes hanging down from The white net fabric. A huge crystal chandelier decorated in flower vines surrounded by crystal canopies. The atmosphere looked like a dream made with love and care.

"Falak." She, who was busy admiring her surroundings turned on Tehreem's voice.

"Where were you! You were supposed to be here half n hour ago. The Nikah ceremony is already done."

"Mom it was bhai who was late. He had some work left." Said Falak.

"Assalamu alaikum." Came a voice from behind Tehreem. Falak glanced over Tehreem's shoulder and smiled. Tehreem turned and saw a lady standing there with a gentle smile.

"Walaikum assalam." Tehreem said. Falak moved forward and hugged her and the lady kissed her forehead. Tehreem was puzzled.

"Mom! Meet her she is.... umm" Falak focused hard bit she couldn't remember Fariqa's name. Fariqa smiled at her and spoke.

"My name is Fariqa. You must be Mrs. Murtaza, Falak's mother."

"Sorry! But I don't know who you are" Tehreem said laughing, for she was genuinely puzzled at how come she knows about her family as well as her daughter's name too.

"That's because we've never met in person. My husband once shared a same project with Kafeel bhai!"

"Oh! Then you must be Ashraf Bhai's wife!" Exclaimed Tehreem.

Both Kafeel and Ashraf had worked together on a temporary project. They had invested on the same company but instead of claiming their rights like Neanderthal men. They chose to invest equally and without a messy business they chose to end it when things didn't go as planned.  

"Yes I am." Both the ladies were now engrossed in deep conversation which consisted of all the basic, daily life schedule. Falak was stunned at the change of their behaviour. They were unknown to each other few minutes ago and now they were having a conversation like long lost friends. She smiled and headed towards the stage where Fiza was seated, surrounded by friends, cousins and few close relatives. She congratulated Fiza and after a small greeting session she got busy with Mehek. 

Done with dinner, Falak was now enjoying her minty cocktail drink when Tehreem asked her call Ateeb. She tried to call him but his mobile phone  was switched off. She headed towards the door at the right side of the stage which was connected to the men's hall. She carefully placed her drink on a stand nearby and turned only to be hit by something hard on her nose.

"Ouch!" She winced at the unexpected hit. She raised her head and saw the same stone man from the restaurant with the same worried expression.

"Are you okay?" The same question again. She winced and looked at her hands and felt thankful that she wasn't bleeding. Although the collision was not hard as last time, her delicate slender nose had still turned into a cute shade of pink.

"Sorry." Both uttered at the same time. Falak giggled and Wajahat couldn't hold back his smile and moved forward excusing himself. He had come to inform Fariqa that he was leaving.

When Fariqa had asked Wajahat to accompany them for a wedding ceremony he had agreed without second thoughts. He felt uneasy of attending a function which had family members. For the past few years he was used to professional business meetings and business parties which was held by a few of his business partners or colleagues to celebrate their success. He had accepted Fariqa's offer because he wanted to change himself for his parents. And surprisingly he did not feel any pain in his heart he all but felt empty like he didn't know how to express. And for the first time in five years when he stood before the mirror to examine his painful reflection he felt confused. His thoughts were interrupted by Fariqa's voice.

"Wajahat? What are you doing here?"

"I'm leaving to airport Mom!"

"So early? Your flight was at midnight right?"

"Yes mom and it's already 11." He smiled at her. Wajahat noticed that his mother seemed so fresh and lively. Maybe bescuae of the change of atmosphere of maybe because of his positive desicion on her demands.

"Take care Mom! Take your medicines on Time! Allah hafiz." He turned to go but stopped when he heard someone asking about him. Since he hadn't took a single step and still was close to his mom it seemed rude to just walk away he turned towards her mother and saw someone else too standing there.

"Assalamu alaikum." He greeted her with a small smile.

"Walaikum asalam Beta! Bless you"

"Tehreem this is my son Wajahat, and Wajahat, you remember Kafeel bhai right? She is his wife Tehreem." She introduced them both. And after a formal introduction-greeting session Wajahat left.

"Here we are Mom!" Falak said grinning.

"We? It's only you Falak!"

"What? But bhai was with me?" She turned around and searched like searching for a kid and finally spotted Ateeb who was very much busy gazing at something she followed his eyesight and found mehek busy talking and laughing at Saad's cute conversations. He was Adal Bhai's son. Falak glanced at her mom and Fariqa and strode towards her brother.

"Bhai." She called him but he was engrossed on his sole activity "gawking Mehek" .

"Bhai your wedding has been post poned for next year!" Her sentence worked.

"What!? But why? When? How did this happen?" He was shocked.

"It hasn't happened yet bhai but it will happen as your punishment if you don't behave yourself. Imagine if you had been caught red handed."

"Red handed? Falak you sound like I'm a thief." 

"Bhai you're not supposed to gawk at my beloved bhabhi till your wedding. Now come with me." She held his arm and strode towards Tehreem.
Where some thing new awaited Falak.

Hi there my sweet sweet peoples!!!!!

A long chapter as a treat for all you guys.😍😘

Please please let me know how's the chapter
And how do you think the story's doing so far?

My sweet silent readers!! Please reward me with your precious thoughts about my book and it's characters.

Tag your fav character!!
Please do!!!! It helps me improvise

Please comment vote and share.

Take care
With lots and lots of love.
                      Kiara💞