10. Panicked

"Finally!" Said Falak. Resting her head on her pillow thinking about her brother and her to be sister-in-law.

Three months back, she literally but politely demanded in front of the elders that she wanted Mehek as her sister-in-law. With a little suggestions from her elders, it took her a whole month to think what to do and how to burst his brother's bubble. Finally she had planned everything, but had no opportunity to execute her plan.

Ateeb was working very hard over his current project, she definitely did not want to stress  him she waited another 30 days. But then Ateeb had to attend a conference meeting in Australia. It was supposed to be a week's trip but it took him 15 days to complete his work there.

And finally Falak got an opportunity when she heard Zaryab's proposal, a proposal which was never proposed to Mehek. She smiled at Mehek's reaction towards the proposal.

She closed her eyes, thinking. "It's gonna be a big day tomorrow."

The next day she woke up early and went to Ateeb's room. She panicked when she saw a suitcase near his bed.

"Bhai!?" Ateeb came out of his small office.

"Good morning princess!" He smiled at her. She composed herself and sat at the black couch near the window.

"Good morning! Where are you going Bhai!" She smiled and pointed towards the suitcase.

"Dubai!" Falak felt like crying. She maintained her posture and looked at him.

"Why? You just came back! You can't leave now."

"Yeah I know princess! I've got to attend a conference in Dubai tomorrow."

"So you are leaving now!?" Falak crossed her fingers under her duppatta.

"No, I'm leaving after midnight..." Falak cut him off before he could complete his sentence

"Oh my brother is a Cinderella!" She giggled at him.

"What!? You just compared me to a Cinderella!? He groaned at her.

"Well, You are leaving after midnight just like her!" She laughed. "What is your flight timings!?"

"2.30 am I guess." He said searching for something in his laptop bag.

"Great my work will be done by then." She mumbled a bit too loud.

"Work?" Ateeb glanced at her.

"W.......o........r........k...... Bhai.........umm........actually I wanted so many things from Dubai!" She made up a quick excuse.

"Then hand me the list princess. Why feeling hesitant!?" He laughed at her reaction.

"Bhai!! Actually I was here to ask you if you are free this evening.!"

"Umm! I'm free till 9 pm." He was still searching for something. He took out a small black book and flipped the pages searching. Falak was having a hard time holding her smile back. She knew he was searching for Mehek's picture. She had taken it back 2 days ago.

"Ok Bhai!! I've gotta go!! And oops!! I forgot, mom's calling you for breakfast." With that she ran out.

"Dad!" She ran to her parent's room.

"What's wrong Falak?" Asked Tehreem coming out of the washroom.

"Mom, bhai is leaving for Dubai tonight.!"

"What!? Why? But..." Tehreem panicked.

"Mom relax, I've already asked bhai about his schedule. His flight is scheduled after 2 am. So basically we still don't have to worry. But we do need to cancel the conference meeting tomorrow." She said. That's when Kafeel entered their room.

"Dad!" Falak rushed towards him.

"What's wrong dear!" He took her under his left arm and headed towards the beige coloured chaise lounge at the right side of their room where there was a huge shelf of books.

Falak had inherited the love of books from her father. For hours they used to discuss about it. Whether it be something about general knowledge or something related to news or some other stories.

"Relax! Now tell me What's wrong!?" He stroked her hair and asked looking at her.

"Dad! I told you not to have any conference meetings abroad for the next 10 days or at least for five days." She all but complained, pouting.

"Yes!! And there is no meeting for three more days!" He said now puzzled at her complain.

"But, bhai is leaving for Dubai tonight. He said there is a conference meeting  tomorrow!"

"Dubai!?" He frowned and reached forward towards a small glass table where he had placed his mobile a little while ago.

He called his PA.

"Fayaz!! Is there a meeting tomorrow in Dubai!?"

"Oh!! Is that so.... cancel that meeting and cancel Ateeb's ticket too."

"No, no there's no need to inform him. I'll tell him myself." With that he switched off his mobile.

"Seems like I really need to have a close watch on Ateeb." He laughed.

"I was feeling like crying when I saw bhai's luggage.!" She said with a cute expression.   

"I nearly had a panic attack." Said Tehreem who was seated at the bed in front of them.

"Well, well, now that the problem has been solved let's come back to the point.!" Said Falak.

"Falak, I think It's time for Mehek to know the person she is actually going to be engaged." Tehreem said smiling.

"Yes mom, I agree. Never thought I was gonna have the opportunity to see the Juliet side of hers" they both laughed at her statement. 

Hi there! My munchkins...

My friend barshasanam thinks its a funny name but i think its kinda cute 😉

Well!! What do you think about Falak's plan?

Any guesses about Ateeb's reaction!?

Please do tell! Your opinions and thoughts means a lot!

Please do click on the cutie gold star if you think its worth your time.

With love,
             Kiara💞