54. His Concern

Finally after two more days Ashraf and Fariqa returned home. Falak felt now she'll escape from Wajahat's constant gaze on her. She felt her cheeks going warm at his actions lately.

The moment she heard the sound of gates being opened she ran towards the entrance. Wajahat laughed at her speed.
As soon as Fariqa stepped outside thee car Falak hugged her.

"Assalamu Alaikum mom, I missed you so much!" She said still hugging her.

"Walaikum assalam I missed you too beta." She said kissing her forehead.

"Assalamu Alaikum dad." Falak greeted Ashraf with a happy smile on her face.

"Walaikum assalam, How are you beta!?" Placing his palm on her head he asked.

"Without both of you I felt so Lonely dad." She said with a pout. Wajahat raised an eyebrows at her.

"Oh why!! Wajahat didn't you take Care of our daughter?" He asked faking a stern attitude.

"Oh I did but...."He was cutoff mid sentence by the ringtone of his phone. Attending the call he walked towards the garden.

*******

"There you go!" Said Falak, placing their cup of coffee in front of them.

"Oh!! How I missed this beta." Said both Ashraf and Fariqa at the same time.

"Dad... I've gotta go... there's been an emergency at the hotel site. Have to sor....." Wajahat entered the room addressing his father, busy with something in his phone, he did not notice the carton box in front of him and stumbled on it. He caught hold of the thing closer to him to maintain his balance. Only to realise in a few seconds that it was not any thing but his wife on whose shoulder he had his arms around.
Falak stumbled a little at the force but was successful in maintaing her balance. She was shocked at first but when she noticed how close he was her eyes fell to the ground. She tried to move a little but his grip around her shoulder were tight. Wajahat was lost on his wife's beautiful expressions.

He was brought back to reality by his mother clearing her throat a little to loud. He turned towards them only to see that they were looking at them with a smile on their faces. He removed his arms around her and moved towards the box.

"What is this!?" He frowned.

"Oh that!Wajahat can you please bring it here." Said Ashraf rubbling his Palms together. Wajahat bend forward to lift it up.

"Why is this so heavy!?" He asked puzzled. Ashraf removed the outer plastic cover and opened the box.

Falak squealed with joy when her eyes fell on the contents of the box.

"Wow, wow, dad you've got everything from our list!?" She asked looking at the contents. Wajahat couldn't move his eyes from her. With each passing day he felt her a little more close to his heart. He smiled at her.

"Mom, dad I'm leaving now. There has been an issue at the site, I'll have a look at that and will visit office as well. I'll be late tonight." Addressing them he left for work.

*******

"Falak... Falak.... ah!! There you are." Said Fariqa when she found her seated on the grass near the trees in their garden.  She had a book in her lap.

"Yes mom!" She closed the book and stood from the ground, dusting the dust off of her clothes she walked towards Fariqa, both walked towards the swing and sat together.

"It's my friend's daughter's wedding tomorrow beta. You and Wajahat both have to accompany us."

"Okay mom!! Can we go shopping!" She asked with hopefull eyes.