32. Getting Ready

Without wasting a second Mehek climbed the stairs in a hurry and entered through the glass door. The staircase was connected from the garden to the balcony on first floor. Mehek shut the glass door and leaned on it, catching her breath while closing her eyes.

"Annaaaaabbbbbb." She jumped at the shrill breathless yelling, which seemed like Falak.

"Whoa!!" Anaab entered the mini hall and saw Mehek leaning on the glass door.

"When did you come?" Anaab moved towards her and hugged her, Falak who was chasing Anaab, smiled when she saw Mehek,  but frowned looking at the clock. She opened her mouth to question her but closed it again with a frown which soon transformed into a naughty smile.

"Why have you become the human version of beetroot?" She asked with a smile, Anaab noticed Mehek's flushed cheeks.

"We're you running ahead of a monkey? I mean the way you had clutched the door shut leaning against it. It seemed like you've escaped from a monkey." Anaab questioned her, raising her eyebrows.

"Monkey? Noooo.... it was At....." She bit her tongue. Both Falak and Anaab laughed.

"Bhabhi jaan, now that you've come here! I think it's finally time for you to help me get ready." Falak grabbed hold of Mehek's hand and dragged her to her room with Anaab following behind them.

"Sure! Sweet heart. I'm gonna adorn you so good. Lali will never glance at champa with awe anymore." Falak threw a cushion at her.

"Champa!? Lali?" Asked a confused Mehek, but before either of them could answer, they heard Tehreem calling for Anaab.

*******

"Wajahat! You ready yet!?" Closing the book in his hand, Hisham asked from the study room which was adjoined to Wajahat's bedroom. When he got silence as an answer to his question. He frowned and stepped towards his bedroom and found Wajahat lying flat on his stomach on his bed. He was furiously typing something on his laptop. Hisham held the book tighter in his hand. He strode towards him and hit him hard with the book on his head.

"Owww!!" Wajahat hollered holding the back of his head. He was clearly not expecting such hard whack on his head. He glared at him still rubbing the back of his head.

"Here I'm shouting my throats dry and here you are lying like a crocodile!!" Hisham asked with his hands on his waist. Wajahat smirked.

"You look like a lady!" Wajahat pointed towards his hands.

"What the hell.?" Hisham launched on him but Wajahat rolled back and jumped off the bed.

"Oh my Allah! My poor innocent eyes!! Such horrible scenario." Wajahat and Hisham turned towards the source of voice and found Aarish at the threshold of Wajahat's room, dramatically hitting his head on the door frame. Both heaved a sigh, Hisham got up from the bed and stood beside Wajahat.

"Innocent and you?" He snorted. Wajahat smiled at them.

"Hey!! You, look at me !! What do I look like huh... just..." He was cut off mid sentence by Wajahat's question.

"Umm... well, you look a little bit like a mental asylum patient and a lot more like Romeo." Hisham laughed at him. Aarish glared at them both and threw the bag from his hand. Wajahat glanced at it and saw a suit spilling out of the bag, he frowned.

"What happened to that poor suit." He stepped ahead and grabbed it to examine.

"Aarish!! What happened buddy!! It looks like someone had a crush on your suit but watching you wear it they've crushed and burned it." Aarish huffed and snatched the suit away from him.

"Hmph!! Traitor, you didn't even mention that you were about to be engaged. I was in Mexico enjoying tortillas and tacos but you..... at least you could have informed..."

"Wait a second! I don't see how any of this is related to this condition of your suit."

"I was in a meeting!  Enjoying Dahi poori. When I got a call that Wajahat!!! My beloved Wajahat is finally hitched. On my excitement I forget what kind of lame lady Suzy is and asked her a little favour of ironing my shirt and suit. But Suzy being crazy!! Burnt my precious suit thinking that it was Messi's hair." Aarish ended his story wiping his fake tears. Wajahat and Hisham stood there gawking at him. Aarish was setting up anew project in Mexico and he owned a rental apartment. He had hired a maid Suzy.

"I know I'm handsome! But that doesn't mean you guys can stare at me like that."         

Both huffed with annoyance on his words.

*******

"There!! All done!" Anaab said, adjusting Falak's dupatta on her head and fixing it with a pin on her shoulder.

Falak was dressed in light blue chiffon gown which had sequined and crystal work all over it. The floral-pattern designs were distant near her waist and closer at the bottom, accompanied by light grey net dupatta with raw silk border and matching sequins and crystal work all over the border. Falak was finding it difficult to handle the dress with the 4" heel sandals she was wearing. Adorned in light makeup, and sapphire and diamond jewellery, she looked beautiful.

"Masha Allah. " Falak turned around and saw Kafeel standing on her door. With a warm smile and moist eyes.

"My princess is all grown up." Falak's eyes became wet. She hugged her dad and a few tears made their way out.

"Kafeel, I can't find yo......" Tehreem stopped dead on her tracks. Falak smiled at her but with a moist face. Tehreem's eyes watered at the sight.

Although it was such a happy moment, but the realization that she will not just be their princess anymore struck hard to both Kafeel and Tehreem. Tehreem strode towards Falak and hugged her.

"May Allah bless you with a good life beta!" She blessed kissing her forehead. There are lots and lots of blessing with which parents bless their child, but this one sentence seemed to have all blessings in it.

"Where's Mehek!?" Asked Tehreem, wiping her tears.

"She's inside aunty! Will be ready in a minute." Said Anaab.

"Masha Allah." Tehreem hugged Anaab and kissed her forehead. Anaab blushed at this.

She was wearing an off-white anarkali, which had heavy pearl work in it. She looked like a fairy and with her hair up in a loose bun near her neck and light pink makeup, she looked adorable.

"Bhabhi they're here!" One of their distant relative called for Tehreem! Informing their arrival.

Falak's heart missed a beat. She took a deep breath but still failed to calm her rapid beating heart.

Hi beautifuls!!!!

A surprise treat to all my sweeties!!

Hope you guys like it.

Rewards me with your thoughts through comments or PM.

Waiting for you reviews.

Comment, vote and share.

Take care
With love
          Kiara💞