8. preparations

"Bhai! Please Help me with this!" Falak barged into Ateeb's room with a huge catalogue in her hand.

"Ha ha ha..!! That book looks twice your weight." He laughed and took the book from her.

"What is this?" He frowned looking at the catalogue.

"Bhai!! It's a dress catalogue I've got it from....well.... doesn't matter..... you've got to chose one from this...!" She smiled looking at her brother.

"If only you knew what kind of surprise I'm planning for you." She smiled thinking.

"Hey!! What are you thinking?" He waved his hand in front of her eyes.

"Nothing bhai.... why are you wasting time.... pick one please..." she whined at him.

"Ok, ok.... ummm." He looked at all the picture.

"Everything is the same peach colour!" He said looking at all the pictures.

"Yes!! That's because I wanted it to b..." she bit her tongue as soon as she said that.

"You wanted it to be? What do you mean?" He watched her, she seemed a bit worried now.

"Bhai!! Seriously you ask to many questions. I requested you to select an outfit and you're just wasting time by asking questions." She pouted at him folding her hands like an angry kid.

"Okay!! How about this one!" He pointed towards the first picture which he saw, it was a peach and silver plain lehenga. It had white lace top with a satin silk lining, a double-dyed bottom which was peach on the bottom and became lighter at the waist. A simple plain peach net duppatta with silver velvet border.

"Ugh.... no bhai... a bit more grand...., and you certainly don't have the permission to ask any questions." She said watching him open his mouth to ask her.

"Hmmm.... how about this!?" After a few pages he pointed his finger towards a peach anarkali. It was beautiful with velvet fabric and crystal glitter work in it. The crystal glitters were designed into small floral patterns, the flowers were bigger and closer at the bottom than at the top. The net duppatta had 2 inch thick velvet border at all the four edges and 5 inch wide crystal works at all the edges. It looked like someone had scattered a generous amount of stars in it.

"Beautiful.... now one more Bhai... with a little bit lesser work!!" She exclaimed at him.

"How about this one." After a few seconds he chose the second one too.

It was a long peach coloured full sleeved raw silk gown which was plain except for a zari sequined border at the neck line that had white stones attached to it. A thin 1 inch border at the end of the sleeves at her wrist and a 7 inch wide crystal stones and zari border at the bottom end of the gown.The net duppatta had three inch thick zari embroidery border and floral patterned sequened zari all over the duppatta.

"Just what I needed... brace your self Bhai!" She thought.

"It's beautiful... thank you so much bhai... you know I was so worried.!" She looked at him with gratitude.

"You're welcome princess!! Now would you please do me the honour of telling me What's going on and why this dresses." At Ateeb's question, Falak noticed her brother's eyes. They seemed so empty. The usual happy spark was missing and his smile was half hearted too. She felt guilty about her trick but that was the only way to make them both confess their feelings before it was too late. She knew they had never once confessed their feelings to each other. Feelings which were so deep that they couldn't possibly hide it from the world even if they intended to hide it.

Love is just like a beautiful fragrance no matter how hard you try to hide it, it comes out eventually, and this was not a one-sided feeling. she had noticed the long intense looks from her brother towards Mehek...when he thought nobody was looking at him. And Mehek's dreamy eyes when she glanced Ateeb's picture. It was impossible for her to gawk at him at front.

"Hey!! What's wrong?" Ateeb's voice brought her back to reality.

"Ah Ha!! Nothing's wrong bhai I was just wondering where to buy the rest of the accessories as you see it Mehek's engagement after 10 days... I've still got so much to do.. see you later bhai." The small smile left his lips and he just stared at her who literally ran out of his room with that giant catalogue.

"Mehek's engagement." He whispered slowly. He was too shocked to react or do anything. Never once did he thought that he would be too late to make a move for the love of his life. He headed towards his inbuilt office. Where he could work like a machine to forget all those painful reality which he though was a reality.

"Dad!! Now it's your duty to keep bhai too busy for the next five days here so that he doesn't plan a business trip to somewhere. I said the engagement is 10 days later. Now it's completely up to both of you to do all the preparations hidden..." Falak was busy conspiring with her parents. They just smiled at her caring nature, blessing her in their hearts.

Hey sweeties,

When I started this book I thought this might not even get 100 reads.
But, thanks to all those lovelies, who thought my work was worth their time.😙

A heart felt thank you to all the voters,
commenters and my silent readers.❤❤❤

I'm very much desperate to know your opinion and comments about this chapters.

So cuties, please vote, comment and share.

With love
Kiara💞