55. A Little Closer

"Falak, did you see a blue file." Asked Wajahat searching around the stack of files on the teapoy

"You had left it behind today, it's in the second drawer of the bedside table." She answered back from their closet. She was busy getting ready for the wedding. Done with her makeup. she walked towards the shoe rack. She took out her heeled sandals and came out of the closet.

"Are you not ready yet!!" She exclaimed looking at him.

"Just a second I'm almost done." Saying so he typed something in his laptop and once he was done he closed the laptop and stood from the couch. Talking the stack of files along with him he came out of the room and went to his home office and once he was done arranging everything he came back to his room.

His steps halted when he saw the angel infornt of him. Sitting in the couch Falak was wearing her sandals. Dressed in lilac colored dress, adorned in diamond jewellery and light make up she indeed looked like a fairy. He wasn't able to move his eyes away from her. Uncontrollably his feet moved towards her.

Falak stood from the couch and moved to the bedside draw for her mobile. Placing it inside her hand clutch she turned around only to bump into Wajahat. She stumbled and lost her balance but Wajahat held her close to him. She was shocked at the proximity.

Wajahat gazed at his wife lovingly, she felt her eyelids heavy at his eyes on her. Her cheeks turned a pretty shade of pink. Wajahat felt enchanted at her. Saying nothing he bend forward and touched her cheeks with his. Falak closed her eyes.

"Ma sha Allah..... you look besutiful." Her heartbeat spiked up to the roof. She was sure that it might be audible to him as well.

"Thank you." She replied back in a low voice. Pushing him aside she ran out of the room. Wajahat had a wide smile on his face. A smile that reached his soul. Shaking his head he headed to the closet to get ready for the evening

Falak walked down the stairs, Fariqa and Ashraf were already ready and were waiting for both of them.

"Ma sha Allah, our daughter looks like a fairy." Falak smiled at their compliment.

"Where's Wajahat!?" Her cheeks warmed up at his name.

"He is getting ready mom." Within the next 10 mins Wajahat entered the living room.
He was dressed in light grey suit with black shirt accompanied by silver grey tie.

They all came out of the house and strode towards the car. Falak who was moving right beside Wajahat opened the back door and got inside the car. Wajahat smiled at her and sat on the driving seat.

All the way she engaged herself with random conversation with Fariqa however, she could his feel eyes on her through the rear view mirror but she refused to have eye contact. They reached the venue in 20 mins. Entering the hall, they were engulfed by people around them.

Falak was introduced to many around her. Many people looked at her in awe, a few were jealous of her. She did recognise eyes That held distasteful emotions in them and she chose to ignore them gracefully. The night ended after the blissful event.

*******

It was a breezy, sunny yet calm morning. Wajahat's peaceful sleep was disturbed by the blinding light on his face, but like everyday he wasn't bothered about it. He turned around hugging the pillow, smiling he moved the quilt away and walked towards the balcony.

He rested his Palms on the railings and looked down in the garden area. Falak was clapping her hands squealing happily at something, he followed her sight and tried to focus on the thing that his house Maid had in her hands.  From up above it looked like a black metal cage, the wooden lid on top didn't let him see what was inside.