18. Busy Cursing

"Is it really possible for me to look at h....." Ateeb was dragged back to reality by Tehreem's voice.

"What's wrong dear?" She asked looking at his grim face.

"Nothing mom." He gave her a half hearted smile.

"Come on!! Let's go." He glanced at the entrance. It was beautifully decorated with white real rose flowers and white and silver satin ribbons and white pearl beads as curtains. The usual red carpet was filled with artificial white and silver rose petals. He wanted to destroy everything, but still maintained his calm posture with great difficulty. 

The little hope of escaping, he had vanished when he heard a guest whispering.
"The groom's here."

They were welcomed by Sufiyan, Abbas and Adal. When Sufiyan hugged him, Ateeb didn't notice that he held him for a few seconds longer than usual, nor did he notice that he was the only one wearing a traditional sherwani the rest were wearing simple Kurta with jeans or with a simple Salwar, he was way too much occupied with his so called LOSS.

As they entered inside he heard several sentences as,

"Bhabhi, groom is here!"

"Masha Allah! They'd make a nice couple together."

"May Allah bless them a happy life together." 

At one point he turned towards the decorated archway but found no one there. "Maybe he is already inside" he thought.

The main engagement ceremony was to be held in the garden area. The decoration was one which deserved to be praised but Ateeb felt his world turning into a black and white scenery with no colours at all. He cursed himself for his ignorance. How he wished if only he had shared with with his father or mother. It would have been him there.

Just then he noticed something in the glass table Right next to where kafeel was seated, it was a white basket which was beautifully decorated with red and white satin ribbons, the oval basket was filled with red rose petals with white pearls, when he focused on the contents he found two platinum rings stuffed inside a red cushioned ring holder. It was th engagement rings.

He was engrossed so deep in his thoughts that he actually did not notice that  Adal had made him sit in the white velvet cushioned seat assigned for the bride and groom 

Everyone who knew the truth where finding it almost impossible to control their laughter at his expressions. 

"How are You?" He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a someone asking him a question. He saw a man seated right next to Kafeel, he looked a little older than Kafeel.

"Me?" Ateeb asked with a funny expression.

"Yes son! I'm talking to You" he smiled at him.

"Ateeb, this is Yawar Aslam, he is Zaryab's father and one of my close friend."

"Zaryab? Why does the name sound familiar?" He thought frowning at his father. That's when he figured out Yawar Aslam was Mehek's future father in law.

He nodded with a fake smile at him.

"What's wrong Ateeb you're zoning out a lot. Is everything alright?" Asked Adal,  smiling.

"Yes bhai! Everything is alright! Just worried about my new project in Dubai!" Ateeb stated a fake reason. Adal Hussain was Fiza's elder brother.

"I wouldn't really do that if I were you."

"Huh! Do what bhai?" Asked a confused Ateeb.

"It's your... I mean you've come to an engagement ceremony and you're thinking about some project, trust me when I say this, saniya will have my head if I concentrate on business matters during family occasions." He said with a horrified expression.

"Uhm." Both turned towards the sound, and found Saniya, Adal' s wife standing there.

"So Mr. Adal Hussain, you think I will have your head?" She asked with a playful-stern face.

"Oh! No, My darling! I was just saying that my wife has my head along with my heart!" His statement made her blush, Ateeb laughed at their cute argument.

"I think It's time to begin the ceremony! It's 6.30 already.!" Said, Yawar looking at his wrist watch. Kafeel and Tehreem just nodded their heads with a huge lively smile on their face. Ateeb was having a hard time, controlling his emotions. He was feeling, angry , sad, devastated and hopeless at the same time. He never knew the depth of his feelings for Mehek. He knew he felt attracted to her innocent beauty, but he never knew it was much more than like and by the time he realised it, it was late. Way too late.

He was busy cursing himself when he felt a heart stopping fragrance of lavender surrounding him accompanied by the sounds of bangles right next to him. His heart missed a beat at the sight next to him.

Mehek was seated right next to him. Dressed in peach dress, adorned with a diamond choker, large diamond earrings, her beautiful hands were enhanced with mehendi. Ateeb felt jealous of the diamond bangles which seemed proud to be a part of her adornment. she was a dream come true. His dream come true.

"Ateeb!" He was dragged back to reality, by Adal's voice.

"Still thinking about the Dubai project.!" He smirked.

"I..... I........." Ateeb was literally out of words.

"Tch Tch Tch.... it would be a shame bhai! Bhabhi jaan certainly does not resemble to a file.!" He turned to his left side, where Falak was standing next to her mother. Mehek blushed at Falak's words. When he focused on what she said, his heart missed a beat at the word bhabhi jaan.

"What did you say?" Ateeb asked with a shocking expression.

Hi dears,
Like I promised you roshni di,
Here's the next update.

How do you think the chapter is?

Please comment it motivates me so much

Please click on empty star to make it gold.

With love
            Kiara💞