Chapter 1

*Edited*

The morning was bright and cheerful. There was something unusual about it but Madhu couldn't quite put her finger to it. She was gazing out of the window and admiring the beauty of dawn. Suddenly the loud alarm blaring broke her train of thoughts. That's it! She turned around to face the bed and found her sister Khushi sprawled out on the bed.

"Wake up sleepyhead," Madhu whispered.

"Shut up honey. I need a little more sleep. Besides even the stupid alarm didn't ring yet." Khushi moaned.

Madhu shoved the alarm clock in her face and exclaimed "Hello ma'am, It has already buzzed four times and if it rings for the fifth time I swear I am going to bang it on your head."

"I think you need to sleep too. Now come on Miss Grumpy Pants." Khushi said as she tried to pull Madhu in bed with her.

Madhu smirked as an idea popped up in her head. "I would've joined you but mum made jalebis today," she said fake sighing. 

Khushi hurriedly jumped out of the bed at the mention of jalebis but soon realized how Madhu fooled her. Madhu started to laugh as Khushi frowned. 

"You find it funny?" Khushi grumbled and Madhu shook her head. 

"Nope. Now get up and get ready we have an English literature lecture at 8 am," she replied. 

At Raizada mansion

Arnav entered the room after his morning walk and found Rishab up in the bed but yawning, which was a surprise in itself as he never got up this early.

"You already up?" Arnav said with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Yes. Where is Di?" Rishab asked, still rubbing the sleep off his eyes.

"You're lucky that she went to the temple," Arnav replied.

"Why?" came Rishab's surprised reply, which Arnav already saw coming. 

"Because your girlfriend number eighteen just called and screamed at me for about half an hour," he answered with a neutral tone. It was not uncommon for Arnav to see girls cursing and crying after Rishab.

But Rishab knew Arnav would never listen to someone for that long. "Dude, did you really listen to her for half an hour?" he asked surprised.

"Not at all. I just recorded it for you. Listen to it whenever you are free," Arnav replied although he was sure that Rishab will forget about that message as soon as he walks out of the room.

"Wait! Number eighteen, Sania?" Rishab tried to remember the name.

"No." Arnav could clearly see where this was going. 

"Let me guess, Chayya."

"It rhymes," Arnav said as he opened his laptop to check his email inbox.

"Just one more chance, Maya," Rishab exclaimed, being very sure of his answer.

"Yes, Maya. I couldn't understand what she said cause she was crying and cursing at the same time. And she said one day a girl will come into your life who will make you go crazy." Arnav replied as he scrolled through his emails.

Rishab scoffed, "Sure. A girl that can make Rishab Kundra crazy. She must be special enough."

"She will be," said a voice from outside of the room. Both Arnav and Rishab were surprised by their elder sister Anjali's unannounced arrival in the room.