Chapter 34

Author's Note: I made the cover for this book. Please don't judge. I am not a professional.

*Unedited*

Two hours later Madhu and Kush were best of friends. Poor Khushi was in for some tough competition, chuckled Madhu. Kush was already fond of his 'Honey'. He was thinking of taking Honey home with him and maybe she would meet Pooh. Little did he know that his own mother was planning to make his Pooh meet her Honey. The event was going to start in an hour and the guests were already pouring in. 

Madhu: Kush I am going to the women's room to change but I need you to promise me that you will be a good boy and won't create any nuisance.

Kush: But I can't be a good boy. Bad boys are hot!! 

Madhu: (Gasps) Hot!? Who told you that!?

Kush: (Smiles proudly) My Pooh. He said bad boys and art and they get hot girlfriends. I also want a hot girlfriend.

Madhu: (Outraged) Kush!!! That's a very bad thing to say. (Mutters to herself) And as far as this Pooh of yours is considered, he is surely getting a visit from me soon. What kind of person teaches such stuff to a kid? (To Kush) Kush, I will be back in ten minutes but you have to sit here quietly and don't go anywhere.

Kush nodded and Madhu went away. Kush was all alone in the classroom when Anjali entered the room. Kush immediately rushed towards her and started crying while hugging her.

Anjali: Stop crying, my baby. Do you know who's waiting for you outside?

Kush: Rabbit and Pooh?

Anjali: Sorry baby, the rabbit was busy. But Pooh is here.

Kush: Let go!!!

Anjali: (Laughs)Let's go outside but please don't tell anyone that pooh was here.

Kush: I know Mumma. It's because he is a superstar and girls find him sexy.

Anjali: (Surprised) What!? Who told you that?

Kush: I have seen it when Pooh and I went to an ice cream parlor. And he wrote a number on tissue paper.

Anjali: (Thinking) Please come back soon Madhu. I want to see my Rishab settled and happy.

With that Anjali and Kush went to the back gate. Madhu was taking last-minute attendance of all the participants. She was wearing black skin-tight jeans and a black tank top with a white jacket. Her hairs were up in a tight high ponytail. And she completed her looks with peep-toe heels and hoop earrings. She rushed back to the classroom as soon as her work was done but couldn't find Kush anywhere. She panicked but then took a deep breath and decided to look for him.

Rishab was happy to be here. He was wearing large sunglasses and a muffler to hide his face. Kush was hugging him tightly and he knew that he was nervous. So Rishab bent down to reach his eye level.

Rishab: Hey champ. Why are you nervous? They're all your friends.

Kush: But what if I trip or something? Then they all will make fun of me. What if they win?

Rishab: (Sighs)No you won't trip. I am sure. And even if you do then take it in good spirits. See they are your friends. They will make fun of you and also clap for you when you will win. Kush, you have to be happy for them if they win. This is how heroes do it. They clap for their friends.

Kush: Really?

Rishab: (Smiles) Yes.

He hugged Kush and just then someone shouted.

"STEP AWAY FROM HIM!!!"

Madhu was frantically searching for Kush when she stopped dead in her tracks. Someone was hugging her Kush. Oh my God! what if it was a kidnapper? She couldn't see his face properly as his back was facing her. Madhu look around and picked up the biggest stone present there and then yelled at the top of her voice.