Chapter 47

*Unedited*

Rishab and Madhu broke apart from the kiss gasping for air. Madhu had her arms wrapped around Rishab's neck while he had both of his hands in her hair. They turned around to find their families standing there with big grins on their faces except for Madhu's father. He silently walked over to the happy couple and pulled Madhu aside. Madhu suddenly realized the chaos that she had created back home.

Madhu: I am sorry papa. Please just listen to me.

But before she could complete her father pulled both Madhu and Rishab in a big hug.

Shamsher Malik: (To Madhu) I am so sorry my angel. How could I not see my own daughter's happiness? I am so sorry my child. 

Madhu hugged her father tightly and started to sob. Everyone had a look of 'awe' and 'happiness' on their face. Rishab also chose not to intervene in the father-daughter moment but Khushi had different plans. She felt left out so she joined them. Everyone laughed loudly at Khushi's childish gesture. Shamsher Malik hugged both his daughters closely and felt like the luckiest dad in the world. He then turned towards Rishab.

Shamsher Malik: You better take care of my daughter. I will be ready with my gun if I ever saw her cry again. And don't you dare kiss her again, This is the first and last time that I am allowing this.

Rishab grumbled and nodded his head while Arnav chuckled at his dilemma.

Shamsher Malik: Same applies to you too Arnav. I want both of my daughters to be happy. And you two will ensure that. Now, why are you standing over there? Come here.

With that, he pulled Arnav and Rishab into a hug. Arnav and Rishab congratulated each other and then Rishab turned to Khushi.

Rishab: Thank you so much Khushi. I-I don't know what to say. 

Khushi: A lifetime supply of sweets is fine with me. (Giggles) And don't forget you were my first boyfriend. (Winks) 

Rishab laughed loudly while Arnav pouted like a kid. Just then someone cleared their throat and they turned around to see Samar standing there with an amused look on his face.

Samar: You guys can't keep on kissing anytime you feel like it. I have a five-year-old son!!! 

Rishab: Oh please Jiju (brother-in-law). It's not like Kush never saw his parents canoodling each other. (He said air quoting the word canoodling.)

Anjali instantly grew beet red and Samar coughed to hide his embarrassment. That night the two families had a private dinner together. Anjali thanked God a thousand times whenever she saw her complete family chattering, laughing, and gossiping around the table. Kush was extremely happy when he got to know that both Madhu and Khushi were going to live with them. He was currently sitting on Shamsher Malik's lap and telling him random stories. Khushi was busy stuffing her face like a pig while Arnav was desperately trying to get her attention. Madhu was busy talking to Samar and was constantly ignoring Rishab's request to go on a long drive. Later all the elders (mainly Madhu's parents) decided that Rishab and Madhu will get married a month after Arnav and Khushi's marriage as the former's movie was releasing in two weeks. In the coming weeks, Rishab and Madhu were going to travel a lot due to press conferences and launch parties. 

Later that night

Rishab was taking a stroll with Madhu in the backyard. While Madhu was happily chattering away she noticed the silence around her. She turned around and found Rishab staring at her with a small smile on his face. 

Madhu: Rishab?

Instead of saying anything Rishab just walked over to her and cupped her face in his hands while pulling her forward. Madhu could feel her heart thumping loudly and she could feel tingles erupting on her skin. Rishab didn't kiss her, he just stared into her eyes thanking Lord a hundred times for how lucky he was to have her in his life despite all his foolish mistakes. He knew that the guilt of hurting her will always pinch his heart. 

Arnav took Khushi out for a midnight dessert. Khushi was happily enjoying her ice cream tub (yes a whole tub!) and Arnav was chuckling at the cute faces that she made. It was ironic how a girl with a big sweet tooth got a diabetic fiance. 

On the day of Arnav and Khushi's marriage

Arnav Singh Raizada felt like the happiest man on earth. He was finally getting married to the girl who drove him crazy. The girl who single-handedly made him feel a tornado of emotions. He never thought the could feel love, care, passion, frustration, and anger for a single person. He had a family that loved him like crazy and now soon a wife. He knew that marriage with Khushi will be a roller coaster ride but he was all in for it with his whole heart. He thought he would have cold feet but before this, he never felt so sure about something. 

The only person having cold feet was Khushi Kumari Gupta. She was having a last-minute snack due to nervousness. Madhu was yelling her throat off at her for having a bloated stomach but right now Khushi didn't care. What if Arnav decided to run away at the last moment? What if he realized that she was not his type? So Rishab arrived at the last moment with Arnav's message. He shooed Madhu out of the room and gave a prep talk to Khushi. She finally calmed down after Rishab ensured her that he would drag Arnav to the aisle in case he attempted an escape.

A few hours later the scene was reversed. Arnav was patiently waiting at the mandap (stage) while Khushi was busy dancing. Perhaps this was the first time when a bride arrived on a horse with her own baraat (wedding procession) and was dancing too cheerfully at her own wedding. Everyone was laughing loudly at Khushi's antics but no one stopped her as it was her day. Rishab and Madhu were busy having eye sex while a confused Kush was looking at their faces. He wondered why grown-ups were so confusing. So he decided to have ice cream and went towards the dining area. He was having his favorite flavor when someone tapped him from behind. He turned around to find a little girl of his age. After a small talk, both of them held hands and went towards the dance floor. 

Later Arnav and Khushi took pheras (seven rounds around the holy fire). Both of them had a look of utmost happiness and satisfaction on their face. A love story that started with two people fighting over who got to sit on the desk, was finally reaching its destination. A normally overactive Khushi was feeling giddy at the moment. She was finally Mrs. Raizada. The name itself made her heart beat loudly. After a long teary farewell, Khushi left with Arnav and his family.

Arnav entered his room after a long grueling bargaining session with Rishab and Anjali di. There is a custom of the groom's siblings stopping him from entering his room. He needed to shell out money if he wanted to spend the night in his own room. So naturally, Rishab and his sister roasted him and almost emptied his wallet. Arnav mentally decided to take revenge on Rishab during his wedding. As a guy, he had some expectations for his wedding night. No, not getting intimate but spending some memorable moments with his wife. His wife. He finally opened the door to his bedroom but nothing prepared him for the next. His wife who was still dressed in her wedding dress was sleeping peacefully on their bed with a snoring Kush in her arms. Kush! How could he forget the villain of his love story? But somehow the sight warmed his heart. Isn't this what he always wanted? A girl who could love his family as much as he loved them? And that's how Arnav spent the night. Staring at his wife and wondering how he got so lucky.

PS: Arshi is in the pic.