Chapter 29

*Unedited*

It's been a week since Madhu was discharged. She was all alone in her room when she heard some footsteps coming towards her room. Madhu wondered who it could be, as Khushi went out with Anjali. She slowly got off her bed and started towards the door. She picked up her heaviest book on the way in case she had to hit the intruder.

Madhu : (Yells) W-w-who's there?

She repeated when she heard no reply and eyed her book.

Madhu: I can seriously injure you!! I am not kidding. I have a weapon with me!!!

She slowly opened the door and raised her book to hit the person, but stopped when she realized who it was.

Madhu : OH GOD!! Armaan!???

A handsome young man stepped forward and hugged Madhu.

Armaan : (Chuckles) Hey sweetheart. (Winks)You were expecting someone else?

Madhu: Shut up.My god what a pleasant surprise. How come I wasn't informed of your arrival?

Armaan : (Laugh) I wanted to see this look on your face.

Madhu: I am so happy. 

Armaan pulled Madhu's hand and sat on the bed beside her. He gently caressed her face while his eyes held a certain fear. Madhu very well knew that he had heard of her accident.

Armaan: You alright?

Madhu nodded slowly and gave a reassuring smile.

Armaan: How did all this happen?

Madhu: I don't know and neither I want to. So let's forget it. So how many days will you be here to irritate us (giggles)? Have you told papa?

Armaan : (Laughs) Yes I had told him a week in advance.

Madhu: That's cheating!! He didn't tell us.

Armaan: That's because I asked him to.

Madhu hits him playfully and then the two got busy talking. Armaan was first cousin of Madhu. He was the same age as her. He was handsome and a man with a golden heart. Girls drooled over him but he never paid attention to them. Madhu, Khushi, and Armaan were best buddies. Together they were unstoppable. Armaan was a protective brother when it came to Madhu. So when he got to know about her accident he took leave from his university in Amsterdam and came to India on the next flight just to see his little sister. Armaan and Khushi were also good friends. He liked Khushi but never confessed it thinking that it might break their friendship.

Madhu eagerly waited for Khushi to come home. At last, Khushi came home and headed towards the kitchen lost in her la-la land. Madhu laughed silently as Armaan was hiding behind the kitchen door waiting to scare her. A minute later Madhu heard her shriek. Another minute later Armaan came running outside while Khushi was chasing him. Armaan quickly pulled Madhu in front of him as a shield.

Armaan: Madhu this crazy girl will kill me!!! Ask her to stop!!

Khushi: I won't !! Get out of my way Madhu!! How dare he come without jalebi?

Madhu: But he came directly from the airport Khushi!!

Khushi: Doesn't matters!! He promised to bring jalebi next time.

Armaan: Sorry sorry sorry. I promise I will get you jalebi first thing in the evening.

Khushi : (looks at roller pin in her hand) Okay, but I want jalebi before dinner

Armaan: I promise. By the way, you two are mad!! First Madhu wanted to crack open my head with a book and now you Khushi. By the way, what happened to my two scared cats? So much change huh? Is it about some guy?