Chapter 32

*Unedited*

The day was very special for both Madhu and Khushi. Madhu had to go to a high society school's fancy dress competition. She was in charge of interior and stage decoration there. This was a big step for Madhu. It was the first time that she was managing an event on her own. So naturally, she was a bundle of nerves. But that wasn't helping as Khushi was a bigger mess than her.

Khushi had an important meeting in her office. An important deal was going on between the company she worked for and another bigger company. And for that Khushi had to be at the office on time (one thing which was impossible for her). The house was total chaos. She was hurriedly packing her stuff and at the same time was stuffing paranthas (a type of Indian bread) in her mouth.

Madhu : (Sighs) What are you searching for Khushi?

Khushi tries to speak with food stuffed in her mouth but she ended up falling with her arms around and bits of food flying out of her mouth.

Madhu : Gross Khushi. (Hands her phone) Here it is. Now wash your hands and go.

Khushi finishes stuffing her face, washes her hand, and rushes outside. But she just stops in her way and rushes back towards Madhu.

Madhu: What?

She quickly kisses Madhu on her cheek and rushes outside. These little things of Khushi made her very special. 

Madhu also got ready and went to Sebastian high school where she soon got engrossed in her work. And finally around 2'o clock in the afternoon she took a break. Madhu searched for an empty classroom and sat down for lunch when she found one. But before she could take a bite she heard someone sobbing. She got up and searched the room. She found a little boy dressed as a baby kangaroo sitting in the cupboard and crying. Madhu gently patted the kid on his back and gave him an assuring smile. The kid slowly lifted his head and Madhu was shocked for a second. That face........it was so familiar.

Khushi was so dead. She was already an hour late. And hence her horrible driving skills. Finally, after driving like a maniac Khushi reached the underground parking lot. Hurriedly looking left and right she parked her car straight ahead. Only instead of parking the car, she had rammed it into a posh black shiny car.

Khushi stared horrified at the big dent and the broken tail light of the car. Hell, she didn't even know the name of the car let alone its price. Well, it might be four or five of her pay cheques. Damn you Khushi!! That's why Madhu tells you to always look forward.

Madhu: Hey? Why are you crying?

Boy: Mummy got lost.

Madhu : (Smiles) You mean to say that you got lost?

Boy: No my mummy got lost!!

Madhu: Oh okay. But first, you need to stop crying. (Wipes his tears) What's your name?

Boy: I don't talk to strangers.

Madhu: But I am not a stranger. Look (She shows her badge which says Event Co-ordinator)

Boy: My name is Kush.

Madhu: Kush? That's such an amazing name. I am Madhubala.

Kush: Ma-ad-dhub.......?

Madhu: You can call me Madhu or umm......honey?

Kush: (Smiles) I love honey.

Madhu: Why are you dressed as Kangaroo's baby?

Kush: Oh no no!! I am Ru from Winnie the Pooh series.

Madhu : (Laughs) That's so cute.

Kush : (Grins) I have Tigger, Kanga, Rabbit, and Pooh at home. AND YOU KNOW WHAT?

Madhu : (Laughs) What?

Kush: Pooh loves honey!! My Pooh will also love you.

Madhu smiled at his childish act but little did she know that Kush's pooh was indeed in love with her.

Khushi was sitting in her cubicle and impatiently biting her nails. After crashing into that expensive car she quickly hid her scooter in the far corner of the parking lot. And now she was trying to hide from the unknown owner of that expensive car.

Madhu gave Kush her lunch to eat. Kush hurriedly grabbed her sandwiches and started to gobble them.

Kush: These are so yummy!!  Did you make them?

Madhu: Yes. So Kush, what does your mother looks like?

Kush: Beautiful. Well, papa and Pooh say that she is se-sexy.

Madhu: (Giggles) Okay. Now we need to find your mother. Please stay close to me and don't leave my hand.

Kush: Okay Honey.

But unknown to both of them someone from her past was watching them.

Arnav was exhausted after a grilling meeting. He was soon going to take over a smaller company and that's why he was here today. Just when he was thinking about going home and having a relaxing cup of coffee, he stopped dead in his track when he saw a big dent in his car and the tail light lying on the ground. He quickly took out his phone and called the owner of the company.

Arnav : (Growls) Mr. Venkat, someone from your office damaged my car. Get the CCTV footage and find that person. I need them in my office NOW!!!