Chapter 9

*Unedited*

Our very own Rishab and Madhu are in the pic.

The next day results were to be announced. Also, it was the last day for auditions. Khushi and Madhu rushed to college. On their way, Madhu was constantly praying for Khushi to win the challenge. Soon they were in college but Khushi didn't have the courage to see the result pinned on the notice board. So Madhu went ahead but when she returned her face didn't show any positive sign.

Khushi: What happened? No, let me close my ears and then you say it.

Madhu: But how're you gonna listen when you have closed your ears?

Khushi: Oh then say it quick.

Madhu: You didn't outscore Arnav.

Khushi was blank when she heard it. She didn't know how to face the whole class in front of whom she challenged him. She turned around to leave but Madhu rushed and hug her.

Madhu : (yells) I said you didn't only outscore Arnav but also outscored everyone else!!!

Khushi: What??

Madhu: You topped the whole class idiot!!!

Khushi: (completely blank) I..I topped!!! (suddenly yells) ON YOUR FACE MR. RAIZADA!!

Madhu: Yes!! yes!!! yes!!! Khushi kumari Gupta who once got compartment in seventh class has finally topped our test.

Soon Khushi rushed to the audition room and Madhu went to help miss Tamanna. Khushi first went to the classroom but didn't find Arnav there. She then went to the audition room and got her number. Lavanya too was there with her partner Arjun.

Lavanya: So where's your partner Khushi?

Khushi: He...he...he is just coming.

Lavanya: Is he really coming or are you expecting to find someone now?

Khushi: Actually...

Arjun: You should have asked me earlier.

Lavanya: No chance he is all mine.

Just then dance instructor called Lavanya and Arjun on stage. The two danced quite well and got selected. And afterward, Khushi was called on stage. Just when she was going on stage Lavanya winked at her. Khushi went on stage and the spotlight flashed on her. But she was standing still. Then the teacher and instructor asked: Where is your partner Khushi?

Khushi didn't reply and tears were brimming in her eyes when she saw other students yelling at her for wasting their time. She turned around to leave but suddenly felt a hand on her waist and someone turned her around.

Madhu was standing backstage and giving written dialogues to all the students. Dipali was still not getting her lines and was acting pathetically. Rishab and Dipali were on stage and miss Tamanna couldn't take it any longer.

Miss T: Shut up!!! Dipali is off the stage NOW!!!

Dipali: But why miss?

Miss T :(yells) CAUSE YOU SUCK!!!

Madhu gasped and Rishab burst out laughing at their teacher's blunt language.

Dipali : (she heard Rishab giggling) What??

Miss T: I mean that you can't act at all. It's been a week since I've been trying to teach you but you still can't say any single line properly. I don't want to spoil my play. So I am replacing you.

Dipali: You can't. Because now all the auditions are closed and you can't find any other Kate.

Miss T: Yes I can. And that too, by the end of the day.

Dipali stormed out of the room. Rishab was smirking as he wanted to know who the new Kate would be. He was hell tried of Dipali and her clingy ways.

Madhu: Miss T, how will we find the new Kate today?

Miss T: I don't know Madhu.

Miss T went backstage. slowly everyone left except for Rishab who was standing all alone on stage. Madhu went on stage and collected all the papers lying on stage. As soon as she turned around she knocked into Rishab who was starting to leave.

Madhu : (yells) Can't you see?

Rishab: Now what? Look I am already fed up with this Dipali drama.

Madhu: Me too. But let me tell you one thing. YOU bumped into me first.

Rishab: Oh really?

Madhu: Besides please decide on the book for our project.

Rishab : (winks) I have already told you.

Madhu : (yells) I am not going to write on that pathetic book of your choice.

Rishab: No problem let's do the practical.

Madhu: What?

Rishab slowly started to move toward Madhu. She started to back away. Suddenly they both stopped when someone yelled.

"PERFECT !!! SHE IS OUR NEW KATE!!"