Chapter 35

*Unedited*

Madhu felt as if she had been hit by lightning, twice. Rishab Kundra was standing there in front of her. She had rubbed off what happened yesterday as a mere coincidence but now today he was again in front of her again.

Rishab smiled inwardly at the twisted game of fate. This morning he woke up to his sister screaming at her son. When inquired, he found out that Kush had not returned his fancy dress costume (which according to his sister was 'stealing'). So he offered to take it back and apologize to the person in charge. And he thought he would use his taciturn yet charming communication skills to smooth out things if they went out of hand. Who knew that his talks had an effect on anyone but that one particular person?

Kush wondered if this was the way two grownups react when they meet for the first time. Well, his so anticipated meeting with Honey and Pooh was so not going the way he wanted it to be. So he finally decided to break the silence and tugged on Rishab's hand.

Kush: (To Rishab) Mumma says it's rude. Say hello.

Rishab: (Scratching back of his neck) Uhmm......Hi.

How cute, was the single thought in Madhu's mind? Rishab was standing there with a clueless expression on his face. Who knew the 'superstar' was scared of a child? Oh just snap out of it!!  

Madhu: (Clears throat) Good morning Mr. Kundra.

Kush: Hey honey!!

Madhu: Hello Kush.

Rishab was so jealous of Kush right now. His Madhu was hugging Kush but not him. Wait. his Madhu?

Kush: I am sorry Honey. I forgot to return my costume. (Looks at ground) I am a bad boy, right?

Madhu: Aww Kush. (Hugs him) You know stealing something is not good. But you have apologized and that makes you brave. And no you're not a bad boy. You're my brave guy.

Kush: (Beams at her) Really? 

Madhu: (Laughs) Of course!!

Kush: No honey!!! I am a bad boy. They are sexy. (Turns to Rishab) Right, Pooh?

Madhu gasped and turned towards Rishab. Rishab looked at the ground and shuffled his feet. Seven years and she still had an effect on him. He then turned to Kush and asked him to go back to their car. Their trusted Chauffeur-bodyguard was with them, so he wasn't worried about his safety.

Once Madhu realized that they were alone in the room, she quickly turned towards her work ignoring her past standing in the room. But Rishab had enough of it.  

Rishab: Madhu.

Madhu: I am sorry Mr. Kundra I am a little bit preoccupied.

Madhu started to move out of the room but felt a pair of arms pulling her back and pinning her to the wall. She felt her heartbeat drop when she felt an intimidating presence close to her, too close for her liking. She craned her neck upwards and found a furious-looking Rishab. His eyes held betrayal, anger, hurt and immense love. He kept staring at her as if he was afraid that he'll blink and she would be gone. But she stopped struggling against him when she realized that he was too strong compared to her.

Madhu : (Sighs) Is there anything that you need Mr. Kundra?

Rishab: Yes.You.

Madhu stared at him. Was he serious? Oh, come on. Why would he ever want a middle-class girl like her? He proved it years ago when he left her for Dipali.

Rishab: We need to talk.

Madhu: Then speak but if it's about seven years back then I am not interested.