Chapter 8

*Unedited*

I am trying my best to make this story match your expectations but somehow this is not working. I think I'll take it down if I don't get the expected response. Although I am very thankful to people who regularly comment and express their opinion. 

Rishab is in the pic.

Rishab and Madhu: BABY!??

But the old lady was already on her way back.

Madhu: But he is not my husband.

The old lady turned around and said: Oh. So he is your fiancé!

Madhu: No...

Old lady : (smiling) You are meant to be together. Fate has her own ways. 

Before any of them could say anything the signal turned green and they drove ahead but her words were still ringing in Madhu's mind. What if she was right? What if fate had actually planned for Rishab to be in her life? But suddenly Rishab started to laugh.

Madhu : (annoyed) What's so funny?

Rishab: She thought you were having a baby.

Madhu: She might have mistaken me for someone else.

Rishab: She may have but it only shows how fat you are so that people consider you to be pregnant.

And he burst into laughter. Madhu felt a little hurt. Maybe she should start dieting. After all, she was not like Khushi who can shove down a pile of sweets without gaining an ounce.

Madhu : (yells) I am NOT fat!!

Rishab: Oh really but that lady thought otherwise.

Madhu: I am warning you Rishab. She just blessed us as old people do.

Rishab : (giggles) Blessing? Our baby will be a weapon of mass destruction. Imagine two atom bombs having hydrogen bomb of our own.

Madhu felt her cheeks becoming red hot. So she decided it was better to look out of the window. Sure she wanted a family in the future but not with Rishab Kundra. She felt pity for the girl who would be stuck with him, How can anyone tolerate this guy? And imaging a mini version of Rishab horrified her to no extent. Rishab glanced at her and saw her stupidly staring out of the window but with a faint smile. There was something different about her. Soon they reached her house and Madhu found Khushi standing in the garden with a plate in her hand.

Khushi: Finally. Anjali Ji called and told us everything.

Khushi grabbed Madhu's hand and knocked on Rishab's window. Rishab rolled down his side of the car's glass window and raised one eyebrow.

Khushi: Although you have troubled her so much already I must say thank you for dropping her home.

Rishab: Thanks...by the way, what were you cooking?

Khushi : (to Madhu) Look Madhu, I told you the smell was coming till the end of the street also. I am sure you must have wondered what that amazing aroma is. Then let me tell you Rishab, it is Khushi Kumari Gupta's special breakfast.

Khushi all but beamed at Rishab. He wondered how can anyone be so cheerful in the morning. 

Rishab: Errr...actually I just figured out from your dress.

Khushi looked at herself and realized that she was wearing an apron and it was stained all over with different curry stains. She even had hints of flour in her hair. Wow, really mature Khushi.

Khushi : (handing out the plate) Then you must try them.

Rishab had no option but to pick one slice of her homemade pizza. Madhu watched anxiously as Rishab ate as she was afraid he might say something which may hurt Khushi. But instead, something happened the other way around.