Chapter 40

*Unedited*

Madhu: W-What?

Rishab: (Scratches back of his neck) I err.....I am Pooh.

Madhu started to laugh and soon Rishab's embarrassment turned to a small smile when he saw her laughing so carelessly with him. Just like old times when he used to make her laugh. Rishab felt guilt poking his heart. Maybe he was the reason Madhu stopped laughing. He decided it was not time to turn sour over past happenings. He had a lot on his to-do list.

Rishab: Don't laugh. And if I correctly remember you were the one saying that Pooh is cute and lovable. 

Madhu stopped laughing and flushed red. A minute back she had no idea that Rishab could be Pooh. She wouldn't have ever believed this, even if he was the last person left because Pooh didn't go with his image. She wondered how Kush managed to make him Pooh.

Madhu: I am sorry. (Giggles) But how?

Rishab: What do you mean by 'how'?

Madhu: That...that when you became pooh?

Rishab: Oh that's when Kush.......Hey!! I see what you're doing. I am still RK the superstar and Pooh is only for Kush and my sister. And stop laughing.

He started to move closer to her. Madhu suddenly stopped laughing and tried to change the topic.

Madhu: Uh...you ...you look good.

Rishab: (Smirks) I always do.

Madhu: I just meant that you look nice today. Not always.

Madhu tried to look around for escape when her gaze fell on his badge pinned to his costume.

Madhu: Really? Slytherin?

Rishab furrowed his brows at her question and then realized that she was also dressed similar to him, except she had a 'Gryffindor' Badge.

Rishab: It's far better than yours. Why Gryffindor?

Madhu : (Proudly) Where dwell the brave at heart.

Rishab: (Smiles) Ahaan, I expected nothing less from my tigress.

Madhu didn't know which word made her go all tomato - 'my' or 'tigress'.

Madhu: Your tigress?

Rishab: Of course, our choices are so similar except for one thing.

Madhu: That you like to show off while I don't.

Rishab: Maybe. But what I meant is that your choice is terrible.

Madhu: (Looks down at her robe) What? Don't say 'cause even you are wearing the same costume and...

Rishab: (Cutting her in between) You're marrying the wrong person Madhu. 

Madhu: You can't say that.

The whole atmosphere suddenly tensed. Madhu felt as if someone was choking her. She never wanted to discuss her marriage with Rishab. 

Madhu: Mukund is my choice. I said yes to him because I know he is the perfect person for me. I don't want your opinion, Mr. Kundra. It doesn't suit you. Giving advice to some middle-class girl.

Rishab: It's not advice Madhu. It's a warning. Final warning. Either you call off this engagement or I will. And trust me things won't be pretty when I will break this engagement. And don't you dare think about your marriage to anyone because I will always be there. You can't run from me Madhu. I hope you know by now, that no matter what happens we will keep meeting.

Downstairs

Everyone was waiting for Rishab to come downstairs. Kush was adamant about cutting the cake with both of his uncles present. Just then Rishab came downstairs with Madhu following behind him. Khushi was surprised but happy to see Rishab and Madhu coming together. Arnav was way too amused because Rishab never told him the real reason behind his hatred but now he was acting as if nothing ever happened. After the cake was cut, everybody hit the dance floor.