Chapter 41

*Unedited*

Madhu and Arnav were still unaware of the fact that Khushi and Rishab were dating. Khushi was behaving a little airheaded but Madhu brushed it off as her new crush. Khushi was always chirpy with a big smile. Arnav was also shocked to see the sudden change in Rishab, He used to talk to someone till late at night. But maybe she was his new toy, he thought and brushed aside the idea. Kush was a totally different story. He called Khushi every day and told her about his school. The five-year-old was charmed by Khushi.

Madhu and Mukund were going out on a date and finally, it was time for a showdown. Madhu took a cab to the restaurant because Mukund was not even sensible enough to pick her up. She arrived there only to realize that Mukund was late. Madhu waited there and ordered soup for herself. Khushi's extra happy attitude and Rishab's ignorance were bothering her to no one. Just today Khushi told her about her mystery man.

Flashback

Madhu was getting ready and so was Khushi. 

Khushi: Madhu can I borrow your blue earrings? They go in my dress.

Madhu: You don't have to ask. By the way, where are you going?

Khushi: I didn't tell you? (Giggles) I am out on a date.

Madhu: Woah. With.....with whom?

Khushi: He's someone very special. (Winks) He was only a friend until now. But then we got closer and realized that there is so much in common between us.

And with that, she hurried downstairs. Madhu was surprised because Khushi always told her about her plans except for this time. 

At restaurant

Mukund arrived a little back. He blamed heavy traffic for his delay and Madhu sat silently listening to Mukund's bickering about how hardworking he was in his office. He indirectly tried to ask Madhu about her income as she was working in a big movie now. She was busy munching on her potato wedges when her eyes widened to the size of huge saucers. Khushi and Rishab entered hand in hand. Khushi was wearing a dark blue colored gown and Rishab was wearing a black suit. Madhu clearly remembered Rishab telling her that dark blue was his favorite color. They looked like a perfect couple. The two were gazing into eyes of each other and were smiling intently. Just then the manager came running and greeted Rishab.

Rishab mentally cheered when he saw the murderous look on Madhu's face. He turned towards the manager and said out loud for everyone to hear.

Rishab: Please hurry up. I can't see my pretty lady standing here for long.

Khushi: (Blushes) It's okay dear. All I want is to be with you.

Madhu was now totally shocked and mad at both of them. Spend time with each other? How dare they?

Mukund: Is that Khushi?

Madhu: (Grumbles) It seems so.

Madhu was trying to look anywhere but the look sick couple's table was right in front of her.

Mukund: I didn't know that she was dating Rishab Kundra.

Madhu: HE IS NOT DATING HER!!!

Madhu was surprised at her outburst. Mukund was irritating her and she wanted to stab him with a fork. But then she tried to cover up her embarrassment.

Madhu: I...I mean it's their first meeting. 

Like hell, she was going to use the word 'date'. It was just a formal meeting between two people. But then people don't hold hands on formal dates. And they definitely do not feed each other.