Chapter 18

*Unedited*

Sorry for missing in action.

Madhu and Khushi reached Raizada mansion. Not a single servant was in sight as they were already given leave by Rishab and Arnav. Looks like the two boys were a little overconfident.

Madhu went to the kitchen and Khushi decided to search for Arnav starting from his room. Madhu entered the kitchen. It was a lovely and warm kitchen, just like the one Madhu always wanted. With a large granite slab and wooden flooring. Two double-door refrigerators, a dishwasher, and two microwave ovens graced the kitchen. The kitchen itself was bigger than Madhu and Khushi's room. Madhu took a deep breath and stood there mesmerized. Anjali had maintained it so nicely but oh God, Rishab was hell-bent on destroying it. The beautiful kitchen was in a mess with all the food on the floor and Rishab.

Rishab flashed his crooked smile when he saw Madhu but Madhu was already boiling with anger when she saw the mess that he had already created here. she didn't know how she was going to make all things right. She rushed towards him but failed to realize that there was water spilled on the floor. Her foot slipped and she closed her eyes waiting for her head to hit the ground. But instead, she hit a wall, a very warm wall.

Madhu slowly opened her eyes and found herself on top of Rishab. Their faces were inches apart and she could even smell chocolate on him. She wondered what it would be like to lick chocolate on his.....bad bad Madhu!! Rishab slowly raised his hand and tucked her hair behind her ear. Madhu felt a chill wherever he touched her and she instantly looked away. Madhu tried to get up but couldn't as Rishab had a firm grip on her waist.

Madhu: Err... Rishab. I want to get up.

Rishab: So what? Let me remind you that you are on top of me. So I can only get up only if you get off me first.

Madhu: But...I can't.

Rishab : (smirks) Look babe, I know you are attracted to me. But this much?

Madhu: Remove your hand from my waist, you doofus!!!

Rishab realized his mistake and removed his hand. He was thankful for the flour on his face as Madhu was not able to see the blush on his face.

Madhu: Rishab what is this? (She said pointing to flour and chocolate all over his clothes, apron, and even on his face.)

Rishab: What? This (points towards his apron) well this is called chocolate. It's a raw or processed food produced from the seeds of the tropical Theobroma cacao tree. It is cultivated in...

Madhu: SHUT UP!!

Rishab : (innocently) What?

Madhu: I know what it is and I even know what this is (she picks up a knife and points it toward him)

Rishab: You crazy woman! Do you want to kill me?

Madhu: You don't know what else I can do with this.

Rishab: But you can kill me.

Madhu: And why?

Rishab: Cause I am your husband.

Madhu went blank for a second and didn't know how to react.

Rishab: I mean...not in real but in reel. You can't kill you Petruchio. (winks)

Madhu: As far as I remember, Kate hates Petruchio.

Rishab: Oh my God. You want to take advantage of a lonely helpless handsome innocent guy.

Madhu: Shut up Rishab!!

Rishab: Oh hi Khushi!!

Madhu turned back and Rishab quickly snatched the knife from her hand. Madhu then realized that Rishab had tricked her.