Chapter 36

*Unedited*

It has been a week since Madhu meet Rishab and a week since Khushi started working for Arnav. But none of them had told anything to one another. Khushi hadn't told anything about Arnav being her boss to Madhu as she knew how possessive Madhu can get. While Madhu thought that Rishab might have forgotten about her as he was too busy preparing for his next film and she was a mere commoner. 

Madhu was in her office when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up to see her father standing by the door. She quickly got up and hugged him.

Madhu: How many times do I have to tell you that you don't need to knock? 

Shamsher Malik : (Smiles) Well I am here to meet the manager of this firm.

Madhu : (Laughs) Then welcome Mr. Malik. So how can I help you?

Madhu knew something was definitely wrong when she saw the lines of worry on her father's forehead. She quietly placed her hand upon her father's in a reassuring manner.

Madhu: What's wrong papa?

Shamsher Malik: I am afraid it's not.

Madhu: Papa?

Shamsher Malik: Look Madhu, you know we are not financially stable at the moment. A big production house is calling out for new designers. We can use this opportunity wisely and relaunch ourselves. So we have to grab this deal anyhow otherwise we won't be able to stand in the market. There are having an audition this Saturday. I am sure we can get this deal with your talent. 

Madhu: Don't worry papa. I will start preparing from this very moment. I will try my best to grab this deal.

Shamsher Malik: Thank you beta.

With that, he stood up and turned around.

Shamsher Malik:  And one more thing Madhu. Mukund called yesterday when you were out with Khushi. You should talk to him soon.

And with that, he left. Suddenly reality hit her with a heavy force. How could she forget about such an important truth in her life? Suddenly she felt a heavy burden on her finger.

Her engagement ring.

She was engaged to be married to someone. And that someone was not Rishab. A month back Madhu got engaged to Mukund and it was not a forced decision. She wanted to move on and thought that once she got married she won't remember her past anymore. Only how wrong she was. Ever since her engagement she remembered Rishab every single day. Her fiance, Mukund worked with an MNC and was a perfect match for her (or that's what she thought). The only person to oppose this decision of hers was Khushi. Khushi had some sort of allergy to him. She found him creepy and a hopeless loser and so she had decided to break this engagement anyhow but she needed someone's support for that.

Next day

Khushi was again late for the office. On her way she hurriedly prayed to all the Gods out there to spare her from Arnav's wrath. But it looks like Gods were playing for Arnav's team. She tried to silently tiptoe towards her cabin when a thundering voice stopped her in her tracks.

Arnav: You are late Miss Gupta.

Khushi: Well then you should fire me. You see I am a lousy worker.

Arnav could clearly see that Khushi wanted to leave this job anyhow but that was least going to be the case.

Arnav: Unfortunately you will be working extra time today Miss Gupta.

Khushi: WHAT!??

Arnav: And for this whole week.