Chapter 45

Author's Note: My New Year's gift to you guys. Have a wonderful healthy year ahead.

*Unedited*

Arnav stood there numb still trying to process what just happened. Was Khushi Kumari Gupta really kissing him? When Khushi felt him not responding to the kiss, she pushed him away.

Khushi : (Sighs) Fine if you can't kiss me then I'll find someone else. Maybe that date that I have later.

Arnav became enraged after hearing her words. Like hell, he was going to allow anyone to kiss those lips!! He tightly grabbed her waist and knotted his other hand in her curls pulling her closer. 

Arnav: Don't even think about any other men Khushi. I won't hesitate to rip off his head.

Khushi: (Wraps her arms around his neck) Well good then because you are stuck with me.

Arnav: You will be the death of me Khushi.

Khushi: Are you going to kiss me or not?

Arnav didn't need to be told twice. He hungrily captured her lips. A soft moan escaped Khushi's lips which in turn produced a groan from Arnav. He softly nibbled on her lower lip and next was pure bliss. Finally, they pulled away gasping for air.

Arnav: I love you Khushi.

Khushi: (With a serious face)  I love you too. But there is one other person in my life. And I can't ask him to go away because his love is so pure and innocent.

Arnav: Who?

Khushi: (Winks) Kush.

A few days later

Anjali entered Rishab's room. Rishab was behaving strangely for the past few days. He would stay closed in his room most of the time except for shooting. He didn't even make an appearance at the dinner table or talked to anyone. She found him sitting in the corner staring at Madhu and Mukund's wedding card. Anjali's heart clenched painfully because she knew that neither Rishab nor Madhu will be happy without one another.

Anjali: Rishu?

Rishab hurriedly got up and wiped his tears. He turned towards Anjali pretending as if everything was okay. But his red swollen eyes betrayed his fake smile.

Rishab: Di? Come sit. Is everything okay?

Anjali patted his head and caressed his face like a mother. Rishab hugged her and broke down completely. He was clinging to her like a child who is scared of thunderstorms.

Anjali: Give her a chance to explain Rishab. Even if her father is responsible for everything you need to forgive him and move on in life. No one will be happy with this marriage. Please Rishab, don't let your love die because of your hatred. Be the bigger person Rishu. You are going to Arnav's engagement with us.

Yes, Arnav and Khushi's engagement!!! Everyone was happy when Arnav and Khushi announced their dating until Madhu's mother caught them in a little cozy act. Horrified by the fact that she might become a grandma soon, she decided to get them married as soon as possible. Although Khushi was a little bit shocked, Arnav was a totally different story. He was literally jumping up and down with joy. No one had ever seen him so happy. Madhu was freaking out everyone with her event manager act. She was really strict wanting every decoration to be perfect. Another role that she played was of helping Arnav sneak into Khushi's room every night.  But unknown to her the two were busy planning how to mend things between her and Rishab.

On the day of the engagement 

Today was the day of Arnav and Khushi's engagement. The whole house was in chaos. Madhu was driving everyone crazy and Khushi was having cold feet. Kush was happily welcoming the guest. Although that wasn't the scenario earlier. When Kush got to know that his uncle was stealing his Khushi, he threw a huge tantrum and attached himself to Khushi's legs. He let her go once Arnav explained that after the wedding Khushi will permanently live with them. Then Rishab had a man-to-man talk with Kush and explained how girls had cooties.