Chapter 33

*Unedited*

Anjali stood there shocked when she sound Madhu and Kush together. She hid behind a wall and listened to their conversation. As much as she wanted to go out there and confront Madhu, she knew it would only push her further away. God gave her a second chance to rectify things and she was not going to lose it. She quickly went away and called Rishab once she was outside.

Anjali: Rishu?

Rishab: Everything okay di? You sound nervous.

Anjali: Actually it's Kush. He is really nervous about his performance and won't stop crying. Can you please drop by here for five-ten minutes?

Rishab: I-I am not sure di. What about Arnav?

Anjali: He is still in a meeting. His secretary received his call. I am sure it will take him another hour and so to come.

Rishab: But di, how can I come there? You know what can happen if anyone gets to know that I was there. Media will disrupt the event.

Anjali: Don't worry about that. Kush will meet you at the back gate. No one will be there. Please Rishu?

Rishab: How can I say no to you and Kush? I will be there before his program starts.

Anjali smiled and silently sent a prayer that everything went fine. Though Kush wasn't crying at all she knew that he would need Rishab and Arnav soon. Now she had to make sure that Madhu comes looking for Kush at the time Rishab talk to him. She wanted both of them to sort out their misunderstandings.

Khushi thanked her stars that no one was in the parking lot today. It's been an hour since she not-so-nicely rammed her scooter into an expensive car. And just when she sighed out of relief she heard a loud booming voice.

"Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta!!!!"

She turned around and found her boss Mr. Venkat fuming with anger and stalking her like a predator walking toward its prey.

Oh Boy.

Mr. Venkat: HOW COULD YOU DO THAT AND PRETEND AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED?

Khushi: W-what sir?

Mr. Venkat: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT?

Khushi looked around and saw the bewildered gaze of her co-workers.

Khushi: Y-you is mistaken sir. It was not me but Richa. You slept with her sir, not me.

Mr. Venkat heard snickers and giggles around him and glared at Khushi.

Mr. Venkat: Miss Gupta!!! Don't pretend to be innocent. I almost lost a million-dollar deal just because of your carelessness.

Khushi: Sorry sir but what happened?

Mr. Venkat: WHAT HAPPENED!?? You damaged the car of our new boss!!!

Khushi: (Gasps) WHAT!??

Mr. Venkat: Yes Miss Gupta, I have seen you in the CCTV videos. Now go to his cabin and apologize.

Khushi: Y-yes sir.

Mr. Venkat: And I don't want any type of nuisance from your side. Keep that mouth of yours shut.

Khushi: Yes sir.

Mr. Venkat: Just be polite and off you go.

Khushi reached the cabin and took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. She saw that the person was standing with his back towards her and was talking to someone. So she decided it was better to let him finish first. Fifteen minutes later Khushi was getting restless waiting for the man to finish his conversation. The person still had his back to her and she was shamelessly checking out his behind. Damn that guy had broad shoulders and a very very nice figure. Khushi stifled a yawn and decided to sit on the leather couch on the other side of the room. Another ten minutes later Khushi was busy munching on crackers that she always carried in her bag.

Arnav finished his call and rubbed his forehead. Damn. He turned around and was surprised to see a girl sitting on the couch and eating her lunch or something. He felt anger bubbling inside him. What was wrong with the workers of this company? One of them destroys his car and now the other is sitting here like they own his office. But somehow the girl seemed familiar to him. The way her dark brown hair was softly falling on her shoulder created a curtain between them. He cleared his throat to get her attention but nothing in the world prepared him for what happened next.

Khushi heard someone clearing their throat to grab her attention and then she realized that she was lost in her own world. Damn Khushi, now he will never forgive you. She abruptly stood up and turned around. She lost her voice once she realized who was standing in front of her. Her past. Her life from seven years back. She tried to force words out of her mouth but all she could think of was how cruel fate was to her. And involuntarily a gasp along with "Arnav" left her lips.

Arnav felt as if someone had knocked air out of him. The one girl who once meant so much to him (and maybe even today) was standing in front of him. He searched so long for her and now when he had moved on she was again in front of him. He tried to remind himself of her betrayal but all that went down the drain as soon as he heard his name in her mouth. A shiver ran down his spine and he found it so hard to resist his urge of taking her in his arms. She was still as beautiful as she was seven years back. It was like time never aged for her. Although her eyes were a totally different story.

Both of them stood there as if they were hit by lightning. Finally, Arnav broke the silence.

Arnav: Khushi?

Khushi tried to regain her composure but failed miserably.

Khushi: S-sorry sir.

And with that, she tried to rush out of his cabin but sadly she was not fast enough. By the time she reached the door, she found two strong arms grabbing her and pinning her to a nearby wall. A second later she felt his body pressed against her, with his warm breath fanning her neck. She could feel the anger radiating off him. Typical Arnav.

Arnav glared at the tiny girl in his arms. Tiny but someone who had immense power over him. No matter how much he denied he knew Khushi once held his heart and still did. He subconsciously pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek with his thumb. Her eyes widened at his actions and he found himself getting lost in them over and over again.

Khushi: S-stop it.

Arnav: Where were you Khushi?

Khushi: I said leave me.

Arnav: Where.Were.You.Khushi?

Khushi: (Yells) I said leave me!!! (pushes him off)

Arnav growled and gripped her by the waist. He came dangerously close to her and whispered.

Arnav: Do you have any idea how long I searched for you? How broke you left me seven years back? Khushi Kumari Gupta now that you are back, I am never going to let you leave me again. Ever.

Khushi: I only did what you asked me to. You asked me to leave and that's what I did. Now if you please don't mind (Pushes him away) I would appreciate it if you bury what happened seven years back and maintain the professional front. This job means a lot to me, sir.

Arnav: (Frowns) Sir?

Khushi: Yes sir. It's better this way. I am just another employee here.

Arnav: What the hell you are talking about?

Khushi: And also I would like to apologize for damaging your car today.

And with that, she left. Arnav kept staring at the door for a good few minutes.

Arnav: If that's what you want Miss Gupta. I will behave as a boss should. From now on whatever you do is MY business. You have to pay back for my car and the past seven years.

Author's Note: Sorry if the chapter was short. I didn't want to steal Arshi's thunder. So Rishbala's meeting will be in the next chapter.

Vote and comment.