Chapter 37

*Unedited*

Madhu came back home and told her dad about the deal but she left out the part that Rishab was the male lead. Seven years back when Madhu and Khushi left with their father, he never asked them about Arnav and Rishab as he knew it was a personal topic for them. But somewhere Madhu felt as if there was another reason for it.

Kush's birthday was also approaching and there was a sudden excitement in Raizada mansion. Samar and Anjali were busy planning a big birthday bash. So Anjali had a meeting with an event planner while Samar went to Arnav's office to drop off some important files.

Anjali was quite happy with the proposals from the event managers' team. She wanted everything to be perfect for Kush's birthday because she was secretly planning to invite two very special people. She was getting out of the washroom when she bumped into someone on the way and her handbag fell out of her hands. She quickly bent down to pick up her bag when a hand beat her to it. The person offered her the bag and muttered an apology. She quickly replied with a 'thank you but stopped in the middle when she realized that the person was Madhu herself.

Anjali: Madhu?

Anjali quickly stepped forward and hugged Madhu. Madhu felt guilt stabbing her heart. It was clear that Anjali still loved her the way she used to seven years back. Madhu felt like the most terrible person for lying and running away.

Madhu : Anjali ji. How are you?

Anjali: Great. But what are you doing here? Wait, you own this place?

Madhu: No no, I used to be an intern here. So I am on good terms with people here. I was here to introduce a new intern.

Anjali: (Pats her head) It feels so good to see you progressing. Well, I was here for Kush's birthday party planning.

Madhu: (With excitement) It's Kush's birthday?

Anjali : (Smiles) In two weeks.

Madhu: Well give my love to him. And a very happy birthday from my side.

Anjali: Just wishes? What about gifts?

Madhu: Uh....I...I will

Anjali: (Laughs) I was kidding. But you have to be there at the party. I won't take no for an answer. Also, bring Khushi with you. I have to pull that girl's ears.

Madhu's face fell upon realizing that she had to attend a party where he will be present. But she didn't want to hurt Anjali, so she nodded her head yes.

Samar knocked on Arnav's cabin door but found no one there. So he decided to leave the files in his topmost right drawer, and then remind him later. Just as he was about to close the door he heard someone shouting at him at the top of her voice.

"Stay away from Laad Governor's stuff!!!!"

Khushi found a man (or a thief) going through her boss's stuff. But when she realized that it was Samar, she felt as if someone had knocked the air out of her.

Samar: Hey, Khushi? What a surprise!!

Khushi: H-hey S-samar ji.

Samar: Arnav never told me that you work for him.

Khushi: (Mutters) I bet he never told you about how much he loves to irritate me.

Samar: (Laughs) Anyway now that you are here, please give these files to Arnav and remind him to be home on time today. It's Kush's test tomorrow and he needs to revise.

Khushi: Kush?

Samar: Oh I forgot. Kush if my son.

Khushi : YOU AND ANJALI JI HAVE A BABY!???