Chapter 17

*Unedited*

Khushi was surprised to see an over-excited Bingo and a confused Arnav.

Khushi: Arnav? Hi.

Arnav: Hi. Sorry Bingo just got off his leash. Come Bingo. 

But Bingo refused to move even an inch toward Arnav. It seemed as if he was in the mood to play with Khushi. Khushi understood this well, so she got down on her knees and patted his head.

Khushi: No problem. Bingo is a good boy. Right Bingo? (Bingo wags his tail)

Arnav was surprised to see Khushi behaving so normally. As if nothing happened that day. 

Arnav : Khushi are you okay?

Khushi: Oh God. First Madhu and now you. Am I having mood swings or am I speaking gibberish? Obviously, I am okay.

Arnav : (smiles) Nice.

Khushi: Now you explain to me what are you doing here? In a vegetable market?

Arnav : (Scratches back of his neck) Err....I...I mean we came here to buy vegetables and some other stuff.

Khushi: WHAT?

Arnav: Didn't you hear it? V-e-g-e-t-a-b-l-e-s.

Madhu: WHAT?

Rishab: Err...vegetables? You know the stuff you eat.

Madhu: Of course, I know what Vegetables are!!! Oh God, don't tell me you are cooking!!

Rishab: Well you see, the thing is that I am cooking. It's Di's birthday.

Madhu stared at him like a dodo and imagined the horrific sight of Rishab in the kitchen and the taste of horrible food that Anjali ji was going to savor on her birthday. Poor Anjali ji...

Rishab: Excuse me. if you want to help me then please or otherwise I am too busy.

Madhu: Okay I will help you.

Rishab: Great.

Khushi: I can tell you the best shops to buy stuff from.

Arnav: Sure but let me tell Rishab first.

Arnav called Rishab and told him about Khushi. Rishab also told him about Madhu and the two decided to meet an hour later at the main park nearby.

Madhu and Rishab went to a vegetable seller. Rishab was amused to see a completely different side of her. He smiled as she stupidly argued with the vendor and finally succeeded in bringing down the rate from 15 Rs a kg to 13 Rs a kg.

Khushi and Arnav went to a shop that had a variety of antique things for decorating the house. There was a big old antique mirror in the shop hanging on the wall. Khushi was checking herself in the mirror and Arnav stood behind her. Though she was not wearing any makeup she was still the most beautiful girl to him. Her innocence attracted him to her.

Khushi: Oh we forgot the most important thing!!

Arnav: What?

Khushi: Just wait for a second.

Khushi rushed out of the shop and came back a few minutes later but this time not alone.

Khushi: Tada!!! (hands over a broom to him)

Arnav : What the.....

Khushi: This is the most basic and necessary thing for cleaning.

Arnav : (Chuckles)You know what, you are mad Khushi.

Khushi : (giggles) I know.

Rishab was not sure what to cook so soon Madhu had purchased almost every single vegetable available in the market.

vendor : (to Rishab) Aah these ladies!! I tell you when I was newly married my wife also used to make so many dishes for me but things changed soon afterward.

Rishab didn't know what to reply and looked innocently at Madhu. He didn't want a repeat of last time.

Madhu : (to the vendor) So what? He is mine and I have the right to love him or kill him. Every right to make thousands of dishes or even burnt toast.

Madhu moved ahead but it suddenly struck her what she said. She turned back and saw Rishab coming towards her with a stupid smirk on his face.

Madhu: I know what you want to say. Actually, I didn't mean that. I mean I didn't want to repeat all that drama at Jenny's home once again.

Rishab: I didn't say anything.

Madhu: Then what?

Rishab: It's time to go. Arnav will be waiting there.

Madhu: Okay let's go.

Rishab: No problem. I am all yours (smirks) do whatever you want.

Later

Rishab: Hey Khushi!!

Khushi: Hi!! And please don't ask whether I am okay or not.

Rishab: Why should I? You are neither speaking gibberish nor walking backward.

Khushi : (looking at Madhu and Arnav) See!!! Only he understands the true Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Arnav: Cause he is just like you - weird.

Madhu: And arrogant

Arnav: And childish sometimes

Madhu: And unpredictable

Rishab and Khushi: But not boring like you two!!

They both high-fived. But Madhu and Arnav were somewhere feeling jealous of their friendship.

Next day

Samar and Anjali went for dinner. But things didn't go as Rishab and Arnav planned and were turning into a disaster. Rishab and Arnav called their grandmother who was in Lucknow and asked for her help. She advised them to call any of their female friends if possible for help.

Though Rishab knew numerous girls none of them was a homely type and he had broken up with the rest of them. So finally they had no option but to call Madhu and Khushi.