Chapter 27

*Unedited*

A scared and bruised Trishna stood there. Shamsher Malik rushed towards her and held her in his arms as a father does.

Shamsher: Trishna beta? What happened?

Trishna hugged him tightly and started to cry. Khushi also stepped forward to comfort her. She decided to put the past behind her and forget how Trishna behaved with them in college.

Khushi: What happened di? And these bruises?

Rishab and Arnav : (shocked) DI!???

Khushi: She's our elder cousin's sister. She's dad's elder brother Balraj Chaudhary's daughter.

Arnav: WHAT? But you never told us!!

Khushi: Errr...that's.....that's because......

Trishna: That's because I didn't want anyone to know.

And everyone turned to look at Trishna.

Trishna : (Sobs) I am sorry Khushi, I couldn't save Madhu.

And with that, she started crying. Everyone was bewildered at her behavior.

Khushi: What do you mean?

Trishna: I-i-i kn-know who is after t-t-this attack.

Everyone was too stunned to answer.

Shamsher: Trishna?

Trishna: Papa.

And with that, she broke down completely.

Shamsher: Trishna? Do you know what you are saying?

Trishna: It was papa, uncle. He planned this attack. I am a sorry uncle. A few days before our trip I heard him talking to someone on phone. He never treated me like his daughter. It's like I was always a burden on him. But he's been very rude for the last few days. He was very angry and took Madhu's name a few times. I thought it to be just a mere coincidence. Then...then he was busy all week and I heard him talking to someone to finish his work.

Shamsher: But how can you be so sure? He is your father Trishna!! And my brother. Why would he ever do that?

Trishna: I ... I don't know but yesterday night I confronted him and asked him if he was doing all this knowingly. He hit me and locked me in the room. He said that he had to finish off someone's work first and then he'll deal with me later.

Khushi : (Shocked) He gave you these scars? How did you get here?

Trishna: I escaped with the help of our maid. She told me about Madhu. I don't like her cause I was always jealous of her happiness and friendship but I am not that much of a bad person to leave her alone in such a situation.

Samar: Where he is now? I mean your father.

Trishna: I don't know, I escaped when he was not home.

Rishab: But why would he do this to you and Madhu?

Trishna : (Sobs) I don't know.

Arnav: We should inform the police to keep track of him.

Khushi: NO!! Balraj uncle can't do this. And the bullet was aimed at Rishab!!

Shamsher: He can.

Khushi : (Gasps) What?

Shamsher: He always wanted a boy. He hated girls, even his own daughter Trishna. But when Trishna's brother Tarun was born we thought he had changed. I guess I was wrong.

Samar and Shamsher rushed to the police and Anjali took Trishna to the doctor to give her first aid for her bruises. Rishab, Arnav, and Khushi stood outside Madhu's room. A little later Anjali came back with Trishna. Just then the doctor arrived there.