Chapter 24

*Unedited*

I am so sorry for not updating early. Can anyone make a cover for my story? Please?

The next day all the students were on their way back home. Arnav was standing in the courtyard alone while Rishab was upstairs making sure he packed everything. He had this terrible habit of always leaving something behind. Just then Madhu came there with her luggage.

Arnav : Hey

Madhu : Hi

Arnav saw Madhu struggling with her luggage and stepped forward and helped her with it.

Madhu : (Smiles)Thanks and thanks.

Arnav: For what?

Madhu: For apologizing to Khushi.

Arnav : (Laughs) No problem, it was my fault. And by the way, your friend is way too crazy.

Madhu: She asked you for jalebi, right?

Arnav: HOW DO YOU KNOW? 

Madhu: You just need to know that Khushi and jalebi are soul mates.

Just then Khushi came there and saw both of them talking. They didn't even notice her. Khushi felt her ears burning and she quickly rushed inside. Rishab was coming downstairs when Khushi came running toward him and pulled him aside.

Rishab: Whoa Tiger!!  Slow down birdie!!

Khushi: What? Tiger? Birdie?

Rishab: You are so fast and unpredictable like a bird. Leave it, what's the matter?

Khushi : (Whispers) They are talking and didn't even notice me!!

Rishab: They?

Khushi : Madhu and Arnav.

Rishab : (Smirks) Someone is jealous?

Khushi: Look I have no problem with them being friends but they shouldn't ignore me like that.

When Madhu and Arnav went inside the bus they found Rishab and Khushi already sitting together. Madhu looked at Arnav and they both understood the matter.

Arnav: Don't you think it will be fun to make them jealous?

Madhu smiled and the two sat together without even saying a word to Khushi and Rishab.

When they reached home Madhu and Khushi found that their father was going to be transferred to Mumbai. So he gave them around about a month to decide whether they wanted to go with him or stay at the hostel here. Madhu and Khushi didn't want to leave this place at all. Now they felt attached and didn't want to go away from some good friends they have just made. Their college life resumed the next day and they almost forgot their bet. A week later it was Christmas and there was an all-students party at college organized by a club.

At the party

Almost everyone was present at the party. Dipali, the in-house Christmas tree was chattering happily about her new car while a tensed Trishan stood in the corner. Madhu noticed the change in her but Khushi asked her to ignore it. Soon everyone was on the dance floor except for Madhu as she usually preferred to stay away from dancing.

Rishab was chatting with his friend when he heard Yuvi and his friend Amit talking about Madhu. 

Yuvi: If I had won that bet then I swear I wouldn't have wasted even a single second. I mean just imagine kissing those luscious lips.

And then they both started to laugh. Rishab felt rage bubbling inside him.

Amit: I think you should ask her tonight. Nice catch (winks).

Yuvi: What if she says no?

Amit: Does it really matter? (Again starts to laugh)

'That's it' Rishab thought and he went towards them.

Rishab: Stay away from Madhu.

Yuvi: And here comes her personal bodyguard. What if I don't? 

Rishab: Then be ready to count all the bones in a human body, 'cause I will be giving a practical to both of you.

Amit: And who are you to say so?

Yuvi : (Laughs) The one who won the bet.

Rishab glared at them and walked away without saying a word. 

Madhu felt a tap on her shoulder. When she turned around, she found Rishab staring at her. And before she could ask any question, he silenced her by placing his lips upon her.