Chapter 16

Thank you guys for voting on this story. I am sorry for not updating but this has been a really bad week for me. I am suffering from the flu for the last week and I lost my wallet yesterday.

Also, I need someone to make a cover for my story.

*Unedited*

Madhu and Rishab went to the principal's office and told him about the whole incident. But they asked him not to tell anyone as it can sabotage Khushi's image. The principal agreed with them and decided to call Arjun's parents regarding his behavior and even suspended him for one week. Later Rishab and Arnav dropped Khushi and Madhu at home.

That night, Madhu didn't tell her parents anything about the incident and didn't even say anything to Khushi. She knew that Khushi wanted to be alone for some time. She's been with her since childhood and was sure that Khushi will be back to her usual self the very next day.  Arnav was in no mood to sleep. He still felt rage and an urge to kill Arjun. But what surprised him was his own behavior. He never felt this way for anyone else. Rishab was also far away from sleep. That night none of them slept properly.

The next morning, as expected a cheerful Khushi woke up Madhu. 

Khushi : (yanking her) Wake up sleepyhead!!! Look I got up earlier than you today.

Madhu: Are...are you...

Khushi: I am okay. But what about you? You never sleep till 8 in the morning.

Madhu : (Shouts) Eight?

Khushi: Yes baby. By the way, dreaming about your Petruchio? (winks)

Madhu: You!!! (hits her with pillow)

Khushi: Okay now get ready and come downstairs.

As soon as Khushi turned around, Madhu grabbed her hand from behind. She could easily see through her i-am-happy act.

Madhu: Are you okay Khushi?

Khushi : (Slightly presses her hand) I am absolutely fine. You know what, this incident gave me three best friends - you, Rishab, and Arnav. And if you three are with me then what do I have to fear? And if anyone has to be scared then it is that weasel Arjun. That bastard thought it is easy to break me down but nope, I am Khushi Kumari Gupta and I am not so fragile.

Madhu: From where do you get so much strength?

Khushi: Sometimes it comes naturally, just when you need it. And I don't it to come to you ever.

Madhu: I didn't know when my bubbly friend became a professor of emotions.

Khushi giggles and pushes Madhu onto the bed. And as Khushi expected everything went smoothly that day.

On Sunday:

Rishab and Arnav suddenly realized that it was Anjali's birthday a week from now. Every year they celebrated her birthday with great fun and frolic. They decided to do something unique this time and stormed google to get an idea. After an hour of their research, they came to the conclusion that girls like simple but stupid freaky surprises. So they decided to decorate the house and cook food for her. They called their brother-in-law, Samar, and asked him to take her out for the whole day so that they can get time to prepare for her surprise. Arnav decided to clean and decorate the house and Rishab decided to cook the food. But neither of them had any idea of where to start and what to do.

Arnav found there was a Saturday bazaar in the main market every Saturday where everything was available. So they decided to visit the bazaar. The only problem was that Arnav and Rishab had no idea about the stuff they were supposed to get. Later that evening Arnav and Rishab decided menu for their sister's birthday. The only flaw was that the menu of Lasange, soup, pizza, and pudding seemed to be a bit, just a bit elaborate for someone who only knew how to burn water.

Soon enough it was Saturday and the two were standing in the middle of the road along with Bingo.

Rishab: Oh lord. I never realized how horrifying it could be.

Arnav : (pulls out a list from his pocket) Relax, we can manage this. Okay so here it goes. We need lemon grass first of all.

Rishab: Lemon grass and here? I don't think buddy. Next one.

Arnav: Oregano, tofu, cheese, and thyme.

Rishab: Err...are you sure we can find anything like this here. There are tomatoes and local vegetables all over here. Oh and those nasty brinjals.

Arnav : (Rolling eyes) You yourself prepared this list. Remember you are the one in charge of the kitchen.

But before Rishab could say anything Bingo saw someone familiar and ran towards it. Arnav too ran after bingo. Now Rishab stood there alone and he decided it was better to approach a female and ask for help rather than to make a fool of himself in front of everyone.

Arnav saw Bingo wagging his tail in front of someone and it was none other than Khushi. Oh boy, even his dog was whipped.

Arnav: Khushi?

Rishab saw a girl arguing with the vegetable seller. He cautiously approached her and gently patted her on the shoulder.

Rishab: Excuse me Miss but could you please help....

He didn't know how to complete the sentence when the girl turned around.

Madhu: Rishab!?