Chapter 1: Meeting Him

In the Songhua Mountain Forest, black clouds overwhelmed the mountain, and with it-pouring rain.

The giant cyan snake soared through the clouds and the fog, flying in between the mountains, forests and fields.

This snake's scales turned green, the color akin to emerald. Its thick tail swung wildly, avoiding the pursuit behind it.

One mile away, Xu Xuancao was flying with her sword, chasing after the fleeing green snake.

She drew talismans with both hands, turning into a golden light array. Like a fishing net, she completely blocked the green snake's way out.

The green snake twisted its tail, intending to break out of the golden light formation. But, the snake's body twitched in pain as soon as it touched the golden light.

It bared his teeth and teased, "Bitch, you've been chasing me for three days and three nights, have you fallen in love with me?"

Xu Xuancao frowned, and kept silent about his obscenities.

This green snake is most likely the murderer who killed six families in Lin'an City, and she must capture it back today.

Xu Xuancao is the head disciple of the Guiyun Sect, with superb mana. For her, it is easy to deal with the green snake.

However, the snake demon was really cunning. She had searched for a long time, losing many tracking charms before pulling the green snake out of the cave by its tail.

The green snake glared angrily: "Don't be complacent. When my brother comes, he will definitely make your life worse than death!"

"Your brother is also a snake demon?" She smiled, "That's very good, you'll die together!"

 " Fuck..." Although the green snake is extremely gifted, his skills were only cultivated for five hundred years, so he isn't really as good as a thousand-year-old monster*.

(I think here, the green snake refers to Xu Xuancao as the monster XD)

Not to mention his elder brother*, whose magical power is unfathomable, and no one can clearly see the depth of his cultivation.

(This is non biological. Kind of like a hierarchy)

Not long ago, he secretly called Skylark to inform his brother. He believed that his brother would come rescue him soon.

Seeing the golden light getting closer and closer, the green snake raged into the golden light formation with its fleshy body, breaking a hole in the golden light formation. After doing so, its scales were scorched black.

Xu Xuancao didn't expect him to break out of the golden light formation, so she immediately recovered her composure and continued to draw hand symbols.

The green snake suddenly spewed a mouthful of blood, and sprayed it towards Xu Liaocao.

Xu Xuancao was caught off guard, her face was splashed with snake blood, her eyes felt sharp pain, and she screamed.

"Hahahaha!" The green snake laughed, "Unexpectedly, I am a poisonous snake." The venom of its fangs is the deadly magic weapon of the green snake.

He mixed the venom into the bitten blood in his mouth and looked for opportunities to blind Xu Xuancao.

Xu Xuancao covered her eyelids. As her eyes could not see, she accidentally fell from the flying sword, falling straight down the mountain.

There are layers of leaves under the mountain, narrowly catching her falling body. She fell into the soft grass like a rolling ball.

The green snake flew down with its tail coiled around a tree trunk, admiring her petite and small body curled up, her green Taoist uniform was stained with bloodstains from the branches, showing a state of embarrassment.

Her oval face was pale and it looked like she was dying.

The green snake sized her up: "Looking at your face, it turns out that you are tender and fresh, a young girl of 28 years old." She had a cold face before, very sharp, covering up a bit of beauty. When she was weakened, he realized that she was a charming girl with baby fat cheeks. With wet hair sticking to her face, she looked quite lovely.

Now that the situation is reversed, the green snake was overjoyed and spit out the letter of the scarlet snake and said: "It's a pity, a pity, even the Great Luo Jinxian can't save you after being poisoned by my snake venom. Why don't I swallow you in one gulp, digest the golden core in your body, and increase my cultivation for a hundred years."

The green snake had a bloody mouth, and was about to bite off her head, but before he could do so, he felt an invisible barrier preventing him from approaching her.

"Damn it, what kind of method is this?"

Xu Xuancao said coldly: "Master cast a forbidden curse on me, no monster can touch me."

The green snake bared its teeth and cursed bitterly.

"Forget it, when you die, this restriction should be lifted, and I'll come back then."

"Oh, I'll come back later to collect your body." The green snake was about to find some healing berries. Waving its tail cheerfully, it eventually crawled away.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

There were bursts of thunder, and after a while, heavy rain drifted down.

Xu Xuancao was left alone in the weeds, her eyes hurt, and her body was covered with injuries. She let the rain wash her body, as if her vitality had been washed clean.

 Is she dying?

At any rate, the number one disciple of the Guiyun Sect, the most proud disciple of the head master, died in such an embarrassing manner at the foot of a deserted mountain in obscurity.

 I can't be reconciled... I'm really not reconciled...

There are still many, many things to do. She wants to eliminate demons and defend the Tao, protect the sect, and inherit the mantle and wishes of her master. She also wants to drink with her uncle under that tree.

She writhed in pain, grabbed the mud from the grass roots with her fingers, and shouted over and over in her heart: I don't want to die! I can't die!

There was a sigh in her ear, fluttering gently, as if it came from the edge of the cloud.

"You, are you unwilling to die?"

The low voice was clear and crisp, like a jade button, making her tremble.

Since she was born, she had never heard such a warm and pleasant voice, like continuous spring water, softly caressing the pain in her body.

The voice is calm and gentle, as if as long as she speaks out, any desire will be satisfied immediately.

 Is it a human, a ghost, or a fairy?

The desire to survive burst out, she hissed: "I... want to live..."

Fumbling with her hands, she accidentally clenched the man's fingers. It felt cold to the touch.

 "Good."