Chapter 5: Old Friend

Xu Xuancao’s wrist was grabbed by the strange man. In defense, she immediately flung his hand away.

Lin Xuanshu knew that he had been rude, so he calmed down a little. But he still looked at Xu Xuancao without blinking, wishing he could take off her blindfold and see clearly.

The yamen servants gathered around like watching a good show. It was the first time seeing Mr. Lin who was normally so majestic, confused. Could it be that Mr. Lin has taken a fancy to this little lady?

Xu Xuancao took off her sect badge and revealed it in front of everyone: “I am Xu Xuancao, a disciple sent by the Guiyun Sect, and I am here to cooperate with the government in investigating the murder in Lin’an Mansion.

“The purpose of the government is to protect the people which coincides with the values of the sect. Naturally, we should occasionally cooperate.“

Lin Xuanshu repeated her name: “Your name is Xu Xuancao, and your surname is Xu?”

Xu Xuanshu: “…”

Master Liu smirked as he watched for a while. He then cleared his throat and said seriously, “Ms. Come in!”

Xu Xuancao followed Master Liu into the hall, sat on the VIP chair, and felt that someone was sitting next to her.

Xu Xuancao guessed who it was. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and she had the urge to jump up from the chair and get away.

Master Liu found that Master Lin did not sit in the main seat in front of the hall, but sat next to Xu Xuancao. His eyes were still fixed on the girl’s figure, which made Master Liu feel embarrassed.

Xu Xuancao said, “The sect sent me here this time to cooperate with the yamen to investigate several incidents of extermination.”

In the lobby, more than a dozen big men looked at Xu Xuancao’s youthful appearance, all of which showed an expression of disbelief.

Master Liu was quite puzzled, “Are you alone?”

Xu Xuancao nodded. “That’s right.”

Lin Xuanshu said, “No, you’re a girl. I cannot let you put yourself in danger.”

“My master suspects that the murder case involves a monster. I have learned Taoism in the sect, making it easy to deal with them.”

So far, Xu Xuancao has only suffered from the Green Snake Demon, but that’s because she underestimated the enemy and didn’t know much about the Snake Demon. The Green Snake Demon is not usually very poisonous, so she made the mistake of having her eyes sprayed by the green snake’s venom.

The fat yamen servant who had been beaten couldn’t help muttering, “You can’t even see, how can you get rid of the demon?”

Xu Xuancao replied, “I can take off the blindfold in a few days.”

Lin Xuanshu smiled when he heard this.

The sun was shining brightly. “Your eyes are good.”

Master Liu was ashamed, and didn’t put on an expression of “I’m okay with you”.

Probably aware of his subordinate’s emotions, Lin Xuanshu straightened up and finally gained authority. “I can’t let you follow.”

“I don’t intend to follow you, as long as I can find information.” Xu Xuancao paused, “That monster, It’s enough for me to get rid of it on my own.”

As soon as these words came out, the audience was in an uproar.

A group of big men were amazed, this girl is too crazy!

Xu Xuancao is not crazy, but just stating the facts. After all, the people in the yamen are ordinary people with no magic power. They can deal with ordinary evil spirits well, but the other party (the demons) is extremely vicious. Not only would it be extremely dangerous, it would be difficult to deal with the demons.

Lin Xuanshu said, “I heard that the Guiyun sect is really powerful, but I still can’t allow you.”

Xu Xuancao stood up and went straight to the door: “Since you don’t want to cooperate, I won’t force you, so I’ll leave.”

Seeing her leaving after Lin Xuanshu said ‘leave’, He immediately ran after her*. “Let’s go now, wait for me!”

(The original arrangement of this sentence was a bit confusing, seriously. Thankfully, I was able to understand the gist of it.)

Master Liu’s face turned dark.

My lord, where is your majesty? !

Lin Xuanshu caught up with Xu Xuancao, and said: “Miss Xu, you can’t see. You should walk slowly.”

Xu Xuanshu said: “My lord, what are you doing?”

Lin Xuanshu was very serious: “Actually, I won’t allow you to go. I’m just worried that something will happen to you.”

Xu Xuancao always felt that his words and deeds were abnormal, as if he knew her very well. So, she frowned and said, “Don’t worry, I will deal with it myself.”

The two walked out of the yamen one after the other. Lin Xuanshu found that there was an extra carriage outside the yamen. He didn’t care much, and still followed Xu Xuancao leisurely.

Xu Xuancao came to the carriage and couldn’t hear other people’s voices, so she wondered where Doctor Bai was.

Lin Xuanshu leaned over, looked at her sideways and asked, “How advanced are you from the Guiyun faction? Are your parents still alive?”

Xu Xuancao didn’t want to go into details because he didn’t provide the information. “Master Lin is investigating me. “

“No… I just want to get to know you.” As soon as Lin Xuanshu finished speaking, he felt like a rascal molesting women, and couldn’t help but feel hot.

He said solemnly: “Actually, you look very much like an old friend of mine.”

Xu Xuancao said, “I’ve never seen you, so you’re definitely not an old friend.”

Lin Xuanshu showed a dejected expression when he heard that. “That’s it, is that so…”  

Xu Xuancao touched the carriage and was about to get inside, going in to hide from Lin Xuanshu. Lin Xuanshu, who was behind her, said in a concerned tone, “You are alone, it’s not safe for a girl to go out alone, how about…”

The curtain of the carriage was lifted suddenly, and sleeves embroidered with silver patterns were stretched out. In the sleeves were five slender fingers holding onto Xu Xuancao and gently leading her inside. From the carriage’s interior, a cold male voice sounded.  

“Master Lin, she is not alone.”