Chapter 55: Xu Xuancao's life experience

The meticulously prepared food and wine had already turned cold, but the two of them still hadn’t returned. Bai Sijin had a vague sense of foreboding.

He calculated with his fingers, and his expression suddenly changed.

Yun Yu had actually taken away his wife and child!

His heart felt like it had been ruthlessly dug out, stolen away.

The pain slowly spread through his chest, transforming into raging anger that engulfed his entire body.

Unable to bear the harsh cultivation in the deep mountains, Ah Qing had just returned to the Bai family’s old residence to find food.

He was covered in dirt, resembling a vagrant. As he followed the scent of food, he discovered a shattered stone table, with food and wine scattered on the ground as if it had experienced a violent storm.

In front of him stood a tall figure amidst the chaos, the white clothes fluttering in the wind. The figure remained facing away from him, and their tightly clenched hand seemed to have traces of blood.

Ah Qing’s body trembled. From a distance, he sensed the overwhelming hostility from the other person and mustered the strength to ask, “Brother, what happened to you?”

“Come with me to Qingcheng Mountain for a life-or-death battle!”

When Xu Xuancao woke up, she weakly opened her eyes and saw the little white snake curled up on her chest.

The snake baby was overjoyed to see her wake up, nudging against her chin with its little head.

“Um… Little Bai, where are we?”

Xu Xuancao lifted the little white snake in her hands and realized she was in her room at Guiyun Sect. The door and windows were sealed with a prohibition spell.

Footsteps sounded outside the door, and Xu Xuancao quickly lay back down on the bed, stuffing the little white snake back into her pocket and pretending to be asleep.

Creak. The door was pushed open, and Yun Yu entered. Following behind him was a stranger covered in a black robe.

Yun Yu said, “My disciple has been cursed and will only awaken after three days.”

The man in the black robe appraised Xu Xuancao and leered, “So, she is Su Jin’s wife? Quite beautiful.”

“Keep your hands off her!” Yun Yu slapped away his hand reaching towards Xu Xuancao, his face filled with anger. “My disciple was merely misled by Su Jin. Once I remove her memories, she will naturally continue to cultivate the Heartless Path with me.”

The man in the black robe glanced at him sideways, raising an eyebrow. “Since she is so disobedient, why not devour her when she’s still a fruit? It will increase your cultivation by a thousand years. Hehe, it’s not too late to extract her soul now.”

Yun Yu forcefully pushed him away, fearing any harm to his disciple. “She is my life’s masterpiece. No one is allowed to touch her.”

The man in the black robe smiled instead of getting angry. “Lu Yunyu, it seems that you’ve been blinded by emotions and your cultivation has regressed. That’s why you want to cooperate with me in dealing with Su Jin in the Demon Abyss Realm.”

The man in the black robe turned his head to look at Xu Xuancao and sighed. “I wonder if Su Jin knows her true identity. Many years ago, you were afraid that once Su Jin found out you were a thief, he would try to reclaim his belongings.”

Yun Yu sternly exclaimed, “Nonsense! She belongs to me!

“Alright, alright, don’t get angry! It wouldn’t be good for you to lose your cultivation,” the man in the black robe hypocritically smiled. “Our goal is to deal with Su Jin. I couldn’t care less about you and your disciple.”

Yun Yu pointed towards the door. “Get out!”

The man in the black robe chuckled, swaying as he lifted his foot and left.

Yun Yu composed himself and turned to look at Xu Xuancao, his eyes deep and profound.

Xu Xuancao’s heart thumped rapidly. The overwhelming amount of information overwhelmed her, leaving her dizzy.

Just now, with a few words, she realized that her master and the image she had in her mind were worlds apart.

And the heavy breathing in her ears shook her chest.

Even with her eyes closed, she could still feel the scorching gaze of her master burning her skin, and his nails lightly scraping against her cheek.

The breathing drew closer to her face, and dark lips pressed down on her…

No!