Chapter 28: Warm me up

Ruan Niang never expected to be recognized, thinking that Xu Xuancao, at such a young age, was just an ordinary disciple of Guiyun Sect. Her disguise could only be seen through by those with powerful magic, and at first she didn’t take Xu Xuancao seriously, but she didn’t expect her opponent to be so formidable.

Ruan Niang was once a subordinate of Bai Sijin, and they had a master-servant relationship. Bai Sijin would never let her be in danger, so she immediately asked for his help.

Xu Xuancao was afraid that Ruan Niang would harm Bai Sijin and said in a low voice, “Stay away from her. She’s a monster!”

Ruan Niang trembled and said, “I have never actively harmed anyone!”

Bai Sijin remained motionless, his thin lips tightly pressed together, not responding to their words.

While the two were at a standstill, Ruan Niang took advantage of the moment and leaped over the railing, like a red fish jumping over the dragon gate, and plunged into the deep, dark lake.

Xu Xuancao was about to pursue her with her sword when Bai Sijin grabbed her wrist from the side.

“Forget it, don’t chase her,” he said calmly, but with a resounding thud.

Xu Xuancao looked at him in shock and asked, “What do you mean? She’s not a mortal, she’s a carp spirit.”

Bai Sijin replied, “She said she hasn’t harmed anyone.”

“Can we trust the words of a monster?” Xu Xuancao found it unreasonable and was angry, watching the carp spirit dive and escape, her chest heaving with anger.

She was not good at underwater combat and could only give up. She retrieved the Taixu Sword and walked quickly towards her bedroom.

She couldn’t understand why he helped the carp spirit escape. Was it because of its soft and beautiful appearance?

She was furious! She didn’t want to deal with him anymore!

The door creaked open, and footsteps approached slowly.

As if knowing who it was, Xu Xuancao turned her back and didn’t even look at him, angrily saying, “Get out!”

Bai Sijin, as if he didn’t hear her, carried a fruit tray to the bedside, peeled some fresh lychees and fed them to Xu Xuancao’s mouth, “Hmm?”

Xu Xuancao turned her face away, “I won’t eat!”

Bai Sijin said softly, “These are new lychees from Yangzhou Prefecture. They are very sweet and fresh. Won’t you try a bite?”

Xu Xuancao smelled the fragrant lychee and secretly swallowed her saliva, tightly closing her mouth.

Bai Sijin took back his hand and ate it himself, “Hmm, it’s really sweet.”

Xu Xuancao glared at him, grabbed a handful of lychees from the fruit tray, peeled them, and threw them at Bai Sijin, “Try this!”

Bai Sijin chuckled and let her throw them at him.

After Xu Xuancao threw a few fruit peels, her anger dissipated by half. She bit the fresh lychee flesh and mumbled, “Why did you help that carp spirit?”

Bai Sijin said, “Perhaps not all demons are evil.”

Xu Xuancao looked at him with an odd expression, “You don’t understand those demons. They have never regarded humans as equals. It’s like how humans treat pigs, dogs, cows, and sheep. They have complete control over their life and death, solely based on their desires.”

She hesitated for a moment before continuing, “There are also female demons who use their beauty to seduce mortal men, draining their yang energy and essence until they wither away and die. If I had discovered it later, Lin Xuanshu, that idiot, would have been sucked dry by her.”

Bai Sijin cleaned up the residue and wiped her hands with a handkerchief. “Lin Xuanshu is fine. Maybe they really love each other.”

Xu Xuancao scoffed, “I don’t believe it. Demons cannot fall in love with mortals.”

Bai Sijin looked up and gazed deeply into her eyes, “I believe it.”

Xu Xuancao looked back into his eyes, her heart briefly confused, as if she were in a thick fog, unable to see her own hand, unable to discern anything clearly, but able to sense him by her side.

A phrase inexplicably floated into her mind: Those involved are confused.

Xu Xuancao turned her back to him and stared at the bed curtains. “There can’t be such a feeling.”

He wrapped his broad arms around her from behind, his face against hers as he kissed her gently, making her feel relaxed.

She let him kiss her cheek and reached for his hand, feeling his distinct finger bones. “Your hand is so cold.”

“Warm me up.” His hand slipped under her skirt, gliding over her warm and silky thighs, and delving deep into her alluring cleft.