Chapter 45: White snake, this account is not over between you and me!

Yun Sheng is very worried about Caocao, their own apprentice. After going through this relationship, her temperament will become more extreme.

I still remember when I first met Caocao, she was only seven or eight years old.

Yun Yu devoted himself to cultivation and was not good at taking care of people. He often secluded himself and Xuancao grew up like a wild weed.

At that time, she wore adult clothes, revealing half of her shoulder. She had a pale complexion, thin body, and dry yellow hair, looking like a little monkey that had escaped from a wasteland.

The first time she bumped into Yun Sheng, who had returned from a journey, she timidly hid behind a pillar, her distinct black and white eyes glancing at him.

The Guiyun Sect only accepted disciples who were twelve years old or older. Yun Sheng thought she was not a member of the sect, so he flew over, grabbed her collar, and lifted her up to look at her.

“Which village at the foot of the mountain did you sneak out from?”

Yun Sheng asked in a rough and hoarse voice, but the child bit his wrist, causing him pain, and he quickly let go of her.

The child rolled on the ground a few times, agilely stood up, and swiftly ran into the dense forest.

Yun Sheng thought she had run back home, but to his surprise, not long after, he encountered her again, picking wild fruits hanging from a tree branch.

“It turns out you really are a little monkey.” Yun Sheng disliked how wild the girl was, so he grabbed her off the tree and roughly tied her up with a rope, preparing to send her back to a village at the foot of the mountain.

A junior disciple happened to pass by and awkwardly explained to Yun Sheng that this dirty little brat was an inner sect disciple accepted by their master and had been living on the mountain for several years.

Yun Sheng was shocked and wide-eyed. His senior brother rarely accepted inner sect disciples, let alone such a young child. This was truly an exception.

Although she was an inner sect disciple, she didn’t even have a name. Each disciple of the sect focused on their own cultivation, with no one having the leisure to take care of a child.

As a rough man, Yun Sheng could only patiently take care of her, find her some properly fitting clothes, teach her how to dress, and clumsily braid her hair.

After going back and forth, she finally started to resemble a girl.

After spending some time with her, Yun Sheng noticed that she was afraid of getting close to strangers, suspecting that she had been bullied by the outer sect disciples when she was alone in the sect.

After all, she was currently the only inner sect disciple under the sect leader, making her an easy target for jealousy.

Yun Sheng, like an old father, took care of her in a rough and overbearing manner, teaching her spells and drawing symbols, cooking a pot of unappetizing soup and forcing her to finish it. It took a lot of effort to slowly open her heart.

Apart from her master and senior martial uncle, she still refused to get close to strangers and always walked alone in the sect.

Perhaps childhood trauma can influence a person’s entire life.

But when strangers were in danger, she would bravely wield her sword, risking her life to protect the safety of the people from the mouths of demons and monsters.

Yun Sheng often recalled that spring day when he named her.

He casually picked a bright yellow flower and inserted it into her messy hair bun.

“This flower is your name.”

Xuancao, a kind of wild flower that grew everywhere in the mountains.

Yet it thrived in the sun.

Yun Sheng occasionally wondered, what kind of man would be able to touch the cold exterior but warm interior of Caocao’s heart?

Until Bai Sijing appeared, he thought a miracle had happened.

But who would have known…

Before Xu Xuancao entered seclusion in the secret chamber, her eyes were calm like water. Facing Yun Sheng’s worried expression, she comforted him instead, “Senior Martial Uncle, don’t worry. Perhaps the heartless path is the most suitable path for me.”

Yun Sheng choked up, “But don’t you want to practice it?”

Xu Xuancao swung her sleeve and turned around, step by step entering the secret chamber, leaving behind empty words.

“I don’t want to think about him anymore.”

Yun Sheng watched the tightly closed secret chamber, wiped away his fatherly tears, and rose up, sword in hand, flying towards Lin’an Prefecture.

“White snake, this account is not over between you and me!”