[Extra] The reason why he forgot her

Many years later, Xu Xuancao finally learned about her past connection with Bai Sijin.

In order to retrieve her memories, Bai Sijin brought her back to the Lava Cave.

As she looked at the fallen and withered Mother Tree, Xu Xuancao’s eyes welled up with tears, and she squatted down to touch the dry and cracked trunk. A crystal tear rolled down her cheek.

“No wonder I always felt a sense of familiarity and fondness whenever I came here,” Xu Xuancao said with a hoarse voice.

Bai Sijin bent down and gently wiped away her tears, silently accompanying her.

With tears still in her eyes, Xu Xuancao looked at him apologetically and said, “Even after seeing all this, I still can’t remember.”

Bai Sijin smiled at her and replied, “It doesn’t matter anymore.”

Hand in hand, the two of them walked out of the Lava Cave, embracing the radiant sunlight that filled the entire forest.

Xu Xuancao raised her face to breathe in the gentle mountain breeze, and her melancholy was swept away, replaced by more questions that flooded her mind.

“Why didn’t you recognize me?”

“Because I was forced to forget…”

Five hundred years ago, when Su Jin discovered that Little green fruit had been stolen, his despair was indescribable.

Little green fruit was a divine object, and many demons wanted to steal her to enhance their powers. Once consumed, her essence would cease to exist.

Su Jin couldn’t remember what happened back then, but he had a faint feeling that he must have gone mad at that time.

No one knew that Su Jin had established the Demon Realm with an iron fist, not to unify the demon race, but solely to find that one fruit.

The search had gone on for too long, too long, and the pain was unbearable…

His heart, which had been dug out, had long since stopped bleeding and scarred over, but it could no longer regenerate new flesh.

After ruling over the Demon Realm for many years, he gradually realized that he couldn’t control the violent nature of the demons and monsters solely with his own power. The killings had far exceeded his expectations.

Staying in the Demon Realm had become meaningless, so he dragged his exhausted body back to the Lava Cave, where his most beautiful memories were hidden.

The Lava Cave, neglected by his careful maintenance, had long fallen into disrepair and gathered dust.

Days turned into years, and he lost track of how many cycles of seasons had passed.

The Emperor Haotian descended to the mortal realm, preparing to seal the tamed Qilin Beast within the Mother Tree. Inadvertently, he discovered a white snake coiled under the tree, seemingly in a dormant state.

Emperor Haotian brushed away the white snake with a tree branch and smiled, “White Snake, you should have cultivated for thousands of years. How did you end up in such a destitute state?”

The white snake remained motionless, as if dead, and weakly uttered a clear and melodious voice, “I lost something.”

“Is it something important?”

“More valuable than my life.”

“Hmph, in that case, why not forget about it?”

Emperor Haotian lightly tapped the head of the white snake with the branch, infused a ray of light into its brain, and before flying away, left a final remark, “If one day you retrieve that something, your memories will slowly return.”

Since then, the white snake took on a new name, Bai Sijin, discarding the identity of a demon lord, and settled in Lin’an Prefecture, opening a medicine shop.

His days were peaceful and content, but deep inside, he always felt that something was missing, yet he couldn’t recall what it was.

All he could do was keep himself busy, saving lives and filling the void that remained buried within him.

Until one day, he saved a young girl in the mountains who had been washed away by rain and was covered in injuries. The hole in his heart fell into a green seed.

That seed pierced into his heart, merging with his flesh and blood, entangling his soul like a demonic obstacle.

In his heart, he repeated over and over again that he wanted to have her, he wanted to have her…

However, her attitude was extremely cold, guarded against strangers.

Having read countless people, he recognized her strong and dominant personality. Forcing himself upon her would only lead to mutual destruction.

He could only proceed cautiously, using small tricks to gradually entangle himself with her.

In the end, he felt satisfied.