Chapter 20: In a dangerous situation

Xu Xuancao closed her eyes as if she was asleep, not wanting to alert the evil spirit lurking in the room. The stench in the air became stronger and stronger, and the evil spirit was secretly watching them from the ceiling beams. “It’s really just a filthy bug,” she thought with disgust. But a demon beast that can use Yin symbols is definitely not low-level, and she can’t underestimate it.

Facing the demon, Xu Xuancao felt nervous for the first time because Bai Sijin was by her side. It turned out that this was what it meant to be worried about causing chaos. Bai Sijin seemed to sense her emotions and slowly stroked her tense waist along her shoulder blades. Xu Xuancao felt the warmth in his palm and inexplicably relaxed, secretly vowing to protect him.

At this time, in the eyes of the male demon crawling on the ceiling, the faces of the eldest son and daughter-in-law of the Xue family were lying side by side on the bed. The male demon thought they were already asleep and urged the Yin symbol on the ceiling to try to suck their blood, but found that the Yin symbol had no reaction.

The male demon touched the Yin symbol and found no problem. While he was surprised, he was pushed by the female demon next to him. “Get down for me,” the female demon snarled, pointing at her bulging belly.

The male demon was frightened by his wife’s threat, and his tail, covered in scales, stiffened. He looked at his wife’s belly with a loving gaze, and then his four claws slowly crawled down the wall.

His wife was about to give birth and needed a large amount of blood, which required harming six households within a short period of time. She didn’t care about the possibility of attracting righteous people’s attention.

Even though his cultivation was getting deeper day by day, the cowardly nature of the male demon remained unchanged. He only dared to use Yin symbols to secretly mess around on the ceiling beams.

His wife was also a greedy demon who insisted on eating everyone in their family. This made him anxious every day, fearing that one day he would be caught by the Guiyun sect.

Before the male demon practiced cultivation, he already had a deep psychological shadow towards humans. When he approached the bed of Xu Xuancao and Bai Sijin, his heart beat like a grasshopper, trembling as he reached out his claws towards the raised bedding.

Suddenly, the bedding was lifted, and a cold light shot straight at him.

The male demon was scared out of his wits, but instinctively reacted quickly to avoid the sword that Xu Xuancao wielded towards him.

“Ah, you’re not Xue’s wife from the Xue family?” The male demon’s pupils dilated, his mouth opened wide, and his chin puffed up like a balloon. “You…are you a cultivator?”

Xu Xuancao saw a demon scared like this for the first time, and was quite surprised. “Is it you who harmed six families in Lin’an city?”

The male demon remembered that his wife was still on the ceiling beams, so he straightened his chest and forced himself to speak. “So what if it is? What are you going to do?”

Xu Xuancao smiled slyly, and with the Tai Xu sword in his hand, a dazzling golden light burst forth as he swung the sword towards the demon. “Die!”

Although the male demon was cowardly, his cultivation was considered the best among demons. His tactics were to cower and dodge, narrowly avoiding Xu Xuancao’s fatal sword light every time. The sword aura of Tai Xu sword pierced a big hole in the roof, causing a mess in the room, and finally forced the female demon to jump down.

At this moment, the male demon intentionally flew out of the hole to avoid harming his wife, and lured Xu Xuancao away from the scene.

The female demon looked at her husband being chased by a strange young girl in embarrassment and sneered, “What a coward!”

She turned her head to scan the bedroom and found a man in white sitting quietly by the bed, with an indifferent expression as if everything around him was nothingness.

Looking up at the high-altitude battle, his ink-black eyes finally showed a hint of waves.

Under the bright moonlight, as the female demon caught sight of his face, her heart pounded, and her throat dried up.

He seemed to exude a fresh and elegant aura, unlike the impure mortals who ate grains and cereals, but more like the purity of a ten-generation good person after cleansing himself of the lead and filth.

With her sharp claws, the female demon rubbed her mouth, grinding her teeth and itching to pounce.

His flesh would be eaten one bite at a time, which would be great for her unborn child.

Being so good-looking, she would twist his head off and keep his face as a cherished possession.