Chapter 8: Marriage

Xu Xuancao realized that Treasurer Qian might have misunderstood her relationship with Bai Sijin, and she became awkwardly subtle.

Shopkeeper Qian smiled and said, “Miss Xu is not married yet.”

Xu Xuancao said bluntly, “I won’t get married.”

Shopkeeper Qian was surprised and said, “Why is this? Wouldn’t it be good to find someone who is close enough to accompany you for the rest of your life?”

Xu Xuancao frowned, unwilling to say more.

She swore to protect the Guiyun sect all her life, so she couldn’t bear children like ordinary women.

Shopkeeper Qian said with a smile, “Miss, it’s too early. You are still young, wait until you meet a man you like.” Bai Sijin smiled silently, and told Shopkeeper Qian to go do business.

Shopkeeper Qian was very efficient in handling affairs, questioned the doctor in Baoshuntang and several other medical clinics in the city. He then sorted out the collected information, and handed it over to Bai Sijin.

It is extremely rare for the whole family to be ill. Excluding food poisoning, there are also patients who are infected with typhoid fever and have no loss of energy and blood.

Xu Xuancao asked suspiciously: “With the soul-falling talisman attached, the whole family will be weak and unable to go out to work. Is that family member not going to see a doctor?”

Bai Sijin said: “Some patients don’t believe in doctors and think that they will heal on their own in a few days. Thus, they won’t come to the pharmacy to get medicine.”

Xu Xuancao sighed: “I hope that during this period of time, that evildoer has not harmed a single family.”

Bai Sijin said softly: “Wait a little longer, I will send people to add more medicine and investigate.”

The treasurer Qian, who was standing beside him, secretly winked at Bai Sijin.

Bai Sijin was indifferent and said nothing. He placed candied fruits by Xu Xuancao’s side and filled her cup with scented tea. After which, he walked out of the room with Shopkeeper Qian.

Shopkeeper Qian closed the door and said in a low voice, “Master, a distinguished guest has come, and he wants to see you.”

Bai Sijin said, “If you want him to come to see me at night, don’t disturb the person in the room.”

Shopkeeper Qian was at a loss. “Why is this?”

Bai Sijin said indifferently: “She is from the Guiyun sect.”

Shopkeeper Qian trembled in fright, four long beards grew out of his lips, making his round face like that of a hamster.

Bai Sijin said. “Don’t be afraid. I have dispelled the evil spirit in you, and now you are no different from ordinary people.”

Shopkeeper Qian touched the beard that had transformed, and tugged anxiously, “The people of the Guiyun sect are not good. Damn it, why did the big boss want to be with her? The first time I saw you bringing a girl, I thought you were with her…”

Bai Sijin lowered his eyes, his slender eyebrows were as sharp as a knife. “You don’t need to ask about these things.”

It was rare for Shopkeeper Qian to see Bai Sijin unhappy, so he kept saying yes.

As the evening approached, Bai Sijin brought Xu Xuancao to his residence in the city.

In the bedroom, Bai Rujin took off her gauze and replaced it with soaked herbs.

He stared at her face, focused on wrapping up the gauze, and felt more and more that her little expression with eyes closed was cute and adorable.

Gently and softly, his fingers caressed her cheek intentionally or unintentionally.

“In two days, your eyes will recover.”

Xu Xuancao felt his gentleness and delicacy, and felt extremely comfortable. She felt drowsy and yawned again and again.

Bai Sijin smiled: “Very sleepy?”

Xu Xuancao shook her head and insisted, “A little bit, but the matter hasn’t been resolved yet…”

Bai Sijin said: “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Now, go to bed early tonight. ”

Xu Xuancao hummed, and when she heard him making the bed for herself, she couldn’t help admiring. “The woman who marries you will definitely be very happy.”

Bai Sijin turned around and curled the corners of his lips: “Then why don’t you think about it?”

“?”

Xu Xuancao’s heart slowed down, and she choked up, “I really don’t plan to get married…”

Bai Sijin was not surprised by her words, and smiled lightly. “I was joking.”

“However, you are right.” He said slowly, his words were as warm as melting snow.

“If I have someone I care about, I will treat them like the most precious flower, the most fragile glass, and take care of it by my side.”