Chapter 11: Itching

When Ah Qing returned to the Bai family compound, he was so frightened by the scene in the courtyard that he almost fainted.

The doors and windows were pasted with yellow talisman paper, and the golden light of exorcism covered the roof like a barrier.

The exorcism golden light is invisible to ordinary people and full of power.

Ah Qing knew that the spell that Bai Rujin cast on him could not only seal his mana, but also make him not afraid of magic tools like ordinary people, so he mustered up his courage, clamped his buttocks and stepped across the threshold.

In the courtyard, a young girl was dressed in a green Taoist robe, her belt was swaying like willow leaves, her eyebrows and eyes were heroic, and she was dancing around the stone table with a ink pen in her hand.

The table was covered with yellow talismans, and the golden light blinded Ah Qing’s eyes.

Xu Xuancao looked up and found that Ah Qing was huddled in a corner like a quail, and said calmly, “Come here and help me glue the talisman paper.”

Ah Qing shook her body: “I won’t!”

“Ah Qing, go over there.” With his (Bai Sijin) hand, he gently patted the top of Ah Qing’s head to comfort him.

Ah Qing turned around, looked at Bai Sijin’s gentle face, calmed down, and said aggrievedly: “Brother…”

“Forget it, I don’t need your help.” Xu Xuancao is a free and easy person, she is not clingy. She then applied the paste and jumped onto the beam to hang the talisman.

Ah Qing tugged on Bai Rujin’s sleeve, and said in a low voice: “That old pervert came to you yesterday, he begged you to return to the Demon Realm and get back to a high position. Now that the Devil Realm is without you, that idiot Linghu Wei thinks he is The Lord of the Devil’s Realm, as well as his wives and concubines and his subordinates are acting as minions everywhere.”

At this time, the courtyard was sunny and warm.

Bai Sijin was tall and slender, with the setting sun flowing on his flawless snow-colored covered with a silver halo, and his clothes fluttering, he looked like a fairy about to fly away on to clouds.

He picked off the dried herbs, and said calmly: “I said before, I won’t bother with the affairs of the Demon World.”

Ah Qing said anxiously: “The Devil World can’t do without you.”

Bai Sijin turned and walked away, With a silent back: “All laws are empty, and cause and effect are not empty. The magic world will not be better because of me, and it will have its destiny in the future.”

Ah Qing felt hesitant for a while, remembering how glorious he was in the Demon world when he was with Bai Sijin. He didn’t understand why Bai Sijin left the high position and insisted on wandering around the world, treating ordinary people like ordinary doctors.

Imagining Bai Sijin’s return and the ridiculous way that Linghuwei’s old dog was beaten away, Ah Qing giggled happily.

He swore secretly that he must find a way to persuade Bai Sijin to “turn back to the right path”!

After being busy for a long time, Xu Xuancao finished pasting the talisman paper. Worried that the defense was not enough, she flew to Bai Sijin, proposing to add another spiritual force to the jade pendant. But, it needed an alchemy room.

Bai Sijin swiftly found an alchemy room and prepared all the materials needed.

Xu Xuancao’s uncle is good at making magic weapons. She has learned a lot from him since she was a child, and it comes in handy at critical moments.

She changed into old linen clothes, rolled up her cuffs, and carried the jade pendant into the alchemy room.

After a day and a night, Bai Sijin was studying medicine in the study.

Then Xu Xuancao appeared disheveled, holding a red brocade box, and handed it to him with a solemn expression.

“Open it and have a look.”

Seeing her appearance, Bai Sijin didn’t say much, and took the clean box from her hand.

When he opened it, it was a hanging chain inlaid with gold and jade, and a delicate and lovely little golden snake was carved in the jade.

“I asked you about your zodiac sign yesterday, and you said it was a snake, so I carved a snake. Use the zodiac sign as an accessory, and you will be full of blessings.”

Bai Sijin’s eyes fell on the jade pendant, and a clear and shallow smile appeared on his lips, as if blooming on the jade pendant. Like a lotus in a clear pond.

He raised his head and smiled at her: “Can you put it on for me?”

Xu Xuancao was stunned for a moment: “Okay…”

She was very glad that she washed her hands. She walked around behind Bai Rujin, stared at his white and slender neck, and carefully put the jade pendant on him.

From her perspective, seeing his extremely handsome side face clearly, he is like a warm jade, with a softness that can melt ice and snow all over his body, making people unconsciously fascinated.

Her hand accidentally touched his neck.

The soft and elastic touch of skin made her fingertips feel tingling, hitting her heart directly.

Her throat was dry and hoarse: “I’m done.”

Bai Sijin lightly stroked the jade pendant: “It’s very beautiful.”

Xu Xuancao was a little proud: “Besides being beautiful and increasing its spiritual power, I also gave it another function. In a very dangerous situation, this jade pendant can instantly transport you to a place two thousand miles away.”

Bai Sijin was silent for a moment, staring into her eyes: “Do you want to leave?”

Xu Xuancao felt guilty and thought to herself. Sure enough, he wisely guessed that she did so much to repay his kindness, leaving him with a good heart and peace of mind.

She moved her eyes unnaturally, and said with a firm voice: “There is always a feast in the world. My eyesight is already healed, and I will spend a lot of time here. The case in Lin’an City is also waiting for me to investigate.”

Bai Sijin lowered his eyes, his long eyelashes covered the dark light in his eyes, and he said something in agreement, seemingly indifferent.

“Are you leaving today?”

“Yes.”

He smiled suddenly, and looked her up and down: “Before you leave, are you going to leave dirty?”

Xu Xuancao looked down at her clothes, with an embarrassed expression on her face.

He smiled warmly: “Take a bath before leaving.”