Chapter 47: Bring her back home and give her a good beating

In the secluded chamber, Xu Xuancao immersed herself in cultivating the heartless path, remaining silent within her sea of consciousness.

With a breakthrough achieved, Xu Xuancao withdrew her spiritual consciousness back into her body. She found that the previous burdens and frustrations had vanished, leaving her mind as calm as a tranquil mirror-like lake, unable to stir even the slightest ripple.

She knew that if she continued practicing, her temperament would become even colder, gradually devoid of emotions and desires.

A fluttering sound reached her ears, and as she looked around, she noticed a yellow paper crane wedged in the window lattice, seemingly attempting to enter the secret chamber.

Xu Xuancao swiftly flew over, about to pick up the yellow paper crane.

Unexpectedly, the paper crane broke free from the window lattice, flapping its wings and encircling Xu Xuancao, playfully pecking her cheek.

This paper crane was clearly an inanimate object, infused with magical power to exhibit such lively movements.

After a while, the paper crane obediently flew into her palm, slowly unfolding to reveal a delicate letter.

Reading the contents of the letter, Xu Xuancao’s state of mind was like a ball bouncing into a cluster of fluffy auspicious clouds, enveloped in soft comfort. However, she worried that the clouds were too ethereal, afraid that they would plunge her into an abyss of endless anxiety.

On the yellowed paper, elegant and refined ink strokes formed a line: “When will you come home?”

Xu Xuancao crumpled the letter into a ball and tossed it into a corner, resuming her meditation and cultivation.

This time in her sea of consciousness, it took her ten days to regain consciousness. When she opened her eyes, she found ten yellow paper cranes perched on her body.

Xu Xuancao: “…”

Fortunately, she had cultivated the heartless path, making it difficult for her to become angry.

One by one, Xu Xuancao picked up the paper cranes, intending to discard them all, but she couldn’t help but unfold them.

“Forget it, let’s see what sweet words that devil has written.”

However, they were all fragmented phrases.

For example, discussing how many medicinal herbs were planted today and how certain difficult ailments were cured. He even mentioned waiting for her to return so that he could prepare a table of her favorite whole fish feast.

“So boring!” Xu Xuancao’s face showed disdain as she stored the paper cranes in her storage bag, planning to deal with them later after leaving seclusion.

As for the window, she sealed it with a restriction, preventing any paper cranes from sneaking in. Finally, the world became peaceful and serene.

After experiencing hundreds of days and nights, Xu Xuancao reached the fourth stage of the heartless path, feeling that her emotions were severed. She temporarily ended her arduous and harsh cultivation.

The secret chamber burst open, and Xu Xuancao emerged against the wind, with a sharp and imposing demeanor, an otherworldly expression on her face.

Yun Sheng waited outside the secret chamber and could tell that her cultivation had greatly improved. Even the Devil Su Jin, who knows if he could withstand her now.

“Xucao, you finally came out!” Yun Sheng greeted her excitedly. “How do you feel now?”

Xu Xuancao replied calmly, “To be without desires or wants, this is how it feels.”

Yun Sheng sighed, feeling a bitter sweetness he couldn’t control.

At that moment, from a nearby locust tree, came rustling sounds.

Countless yellow paper cranes flew out from the dense foliage, resembling a golden tornado swirling around Xu Xuancao.

Yun Sheng asked in surprise, “What is this?”

“Just some boring stuff,” Xu Xuancao flicked away a paper crane that had affectionately touched her nose and collected them all into her bag.

“In the future, I will completely eradicate evil spirits. If I encounter that person again, I will surely suppress him.”

Ah Qing regained his freedom and transformed into a charming and elegant young nobleman, enjoying himself by flirting with women in Lin’an Prefecture.

Recalling the painful memories from a year ago, the most difficult thing to accept was his tiny “pea-like” thing.

Therefore, once he finally “grew up,” he found a confidante and wanted to show off his prowess.

Little did he know, this confidante of his had several princes and nobles bowing down at her feet.

As a result, a group of men, jealous of each other, turned the city into a scene of bloodshed.

In the midst of the fighting, Ah Qing, in a fit of anger, transformed back into his original form and used his snake body to strangle his rival into unconsciousness.

On his escape route, he encountered Xu Xuancao, who arrived after hearing the commotion.

Xu Xuancao glanced at him and said, “So, it’s you, Ah Qing.”

Ah Qing saw Xu Xuancao’s appearance and sensed that she had become even colder and more ruthless than when they first met, like a sharp sword ready to draw blood.

Afraid of her yet infuriated, Ah Qing stomped his foot and said, “You ungrateful woman! My brother treated you so well, and you don’t even know how to appreciate it!”

Xu Xuancao remained composed. “He is a devil, and I am a cultivator. Good and evil cannot coexist, and eventually, we will become enemies.”

Ah Qing retorted, “Bah! When my brother comes, he will definitely drag you, a woman who doesn’t care about her family, back home and give you a thorough beating.”

Xu Xuancao responded, “Then I will wait for him and see who can overpower whom.”