Chapter 54

Can you do me a favor? I asked my nurse as I stared out the window of my hospital room window. She was fixing the IV in my chest and I just felt numb to all this shit.

What can I do for you Mr. Carter?

My girlfriend is in room 1401...can you check on her and tell me how she's doing?

I'm sorry there is no patient in room 1401. She was transferred early this morning to a private facility upon the family's request.

What time?

I can't give that information out...

WHAT TIME?

5am....she left at 5am!

I'm out of here, get this IV out of me and discharge me!

Mr. Carter I can't do that! You're severely dehydrated, you could get blood clots, and your blood pressure is extremely high.

Get this fuckin IV out of me right fuckin now! I yelled at her. She quickly and fearfully took out the IV from my chest. I ripped the blood pressure cuff from my arm and the other monitors. She backed up scared and I got up and grabbed my my sweater.

Mr. Carter can you please! The nurse plead as she followed me out the door. "Call security!" She yelled running to their little station.

I walked out the hospital and caught a cab to the hood. When I got out at the curb blood ran down the driveway washing away as the rain hit it hard. Pain in my heart struck me and I tried not to cry.

Both of our blood ran together at the tip of my feet made me replay that day in my head. Every second of it was eating me alive.

I went into the trap and up to my office walking past everyone. No one said em anything and everybody looked at me like I was crazy and they seen a ghost. I grabbed my keys to my car and left.

I pulled up to her house and it wasn't nobody there. It looked like no one been home in days.

I'm not giving up!