Chapter 55

BRIONNA P.O.V.

I woke up with the side of my face swollen. I grabbed some Tylenol and went downstairs and got a pack of steaks and placed it on my face. It was 10am and James had just walked through the door. He was gone all night.

GoodMorning! He said kissing my cheek. He sat a bag down on the counter and ran upstairs. I heard the shower water running and him getting in.

I opened the bag and he had pain meds, ice packs and stuff to put on my face. While I was up and down here I started making breakfast. I was starving!

Make sure you put that on your face, love you! He said as he came downstairs kissed my cheek and grabbed his keys.

Wait where are you going? I made breakfast!

Business baby!

Well can you eat first? You didn't come home all night!

Just put it on a napkin and a paper plate. He grabbed an orange juice and took the plates from my hand. He kissed me and left out.

Uhhh your welcome....he was out the door slamming it behind him. I shook my head and sat down to eat my food. I grabbed my phone and called Kyra. I wanted to see how she was feeling.

Hello! She answered yawning.

Hey, I'm surprised you're woke. How are you?

Girl I ain't sleep a lick of nothing! How did you sleep?

I twisted and turned all night. Couldn't get comfortable. And Shooter stayed out all night.

Girl I wish Quan stay out all night. Nigga been up my ass since we walked through the door like relax I'm home.

Oh he said your not going any fuckin where! I laughed.

No seriously! But how are you Bri seriously? How are you? We didn't get a chance to talk about you know what that much, but how are you?

Kyra I'm fine. Honestly if I didn't have Shooter and he wasn't good to me as he is I probably wouldn't of gotten through that. I'll be okay! Plus I have this last semester of school to get through I really don't need a baby right now I'm about to be 19 I don't got nothing but time!

I hear you! I'm here for you too.

Thank you sissy but are you sure you're okay? I'm sorry this happened to us.

Long as we made it out alive babe I'm blessed and highly favored. I'm good! Just glad we made it out alive.

I hear that! But if your ever not okay just call me!

I will! I gotta get the baby so I'll call you later.

Okay babe, give him kisses and hugs for me.

I will!

Okay talk to you later!
I hung up the phone and finished my breakfast strolling on social media. It was only 10 days left until Christmas and I need to finish my shopping so I did some online shopping cause going out wasn't an option for me right now.

A knock at my door startled me. I got up and made my way over to the door. I opened it and two big dudes stood at the door I reached over and grabbed Shooters gun from the key stand next to the door.

Ms. Smith? The one dude asked and they put they hands up.

Who the fuck is y'all? I asked pointing the gun at them.

I'm Mezzy and this is Keith. We work for Shooter. He hired us to be your personal security.

Hold on! I slammed the door in their faces and grabbed my phone to call Shooter. He answered on the third ring. "Who you got at my house?"

What you mean?

Who the fuck is these niggas at my house Shooter?

Oh uh Mezzy and Keith?!

Yeah!

Oh you thought I was bullshittin them yo security. They good people I hired them specifically for you. I gotta get back to this shit I'll call you in a min.

Okay. I hung up the phone and sat it back down going back over towards the door opening it.
"Look I ain't comfortable with some Niggas being in my house that I just met. So here's the deal. I'm not going anywhere today so I don't know if y'all wanna leave or what but I'm staying in."

What we are going to do is take shifts. Like I said I'm Mezzy and I'll sit outside the house in my car. I just texted your phone so if you need anything let me know.

And I'll be back for the second shift I texted you my number as well if you need anything.

Okay thank you! They walked away and I closed the door. I can't believe this damn man really hired people.