Chapter 24: Food Poisoning

A month had passed since the intense battle with Thundurus, and Alex, Elton, and the other members of the Altaria guild's rescue teams were gathered together, their voices echoing in a mix of surprise, awe, and shock. The reason for their excitement? The arrival of Team Radiant, renowned as the best rescue team in Siril.

Team Radiant was led by Alakazam, a legendary figure rumored to possess telekinetic abilities strong enough to move a huge lake with his mind. His quick thinking was said to rival the speed of thought itself, capable of finding solutions in less than a nanosecond.

Next was Tyranitar, a powerhouse capable of destroying mountains, reshaping landscapes, and summoning devastating sandstorms. Tyranitar's strength was legendary, having once withstood a direct blast from Lugia during one of their daring adventures.

Completing the trio was Volcarona, known not only for providing warmth and light like a sun to a region plagued by a harsh blizzard but also for her strategic prowess. Volcarona's ability to formulate and execute effective strategies made her an invaluable asset to Team Radiant.

Graduating from the Altaria guild, Team Radiant had become an inspiration for many aspiring rescue teams, including Team Light. Their achievements extended beyond the borders of Siril, earning recognition and respect from guilds across different regions and even beyond.

Their reputation was solidified by their ability to accomplish the seemingly impossible-they were among the select few teams to have successfully defeated a legendary Pokémon, cementing their status as legends in their own right.

Guildmaster Altaria and Farfetch'd made their grand entrance, drawing the attention of the waiting rescue teams who eagerly sought autographs from Team Radiant. Altaria, in his typical grumpy and vulgar manner, expressed his excitement at the return of his star team to the guild where it all began. He didn't mince words, noting that since Team Radiant's departure, no other team had come close to achieving even a fraction of their success, earning a few quiet grunts of acknowledgment from the assembled teams, particularly Elton from Team Awesome.

Meanwhile, Farfetch'd, holding a bag of items, chimed in with enthusiasm, stating that they had received word about the special and dangerous mission the President wanted Team Radiant to undertake. Farfetch'd then proceeded to hand over Mega Stones for Alakazam and Tyranitar, along with Z-Moves and a Life Orb, with Volcarona receiving the most enhancements.

Gratefully accepting the items, Team Radiant expressed their gratitude in a manner befitting their reputation. They acknowledged that they had no choice but to accept the mission; after all, the dangerous fugitive must be stopped.

Alex and Elton, known for their tendency to be fashionably late, couldn't help but voice their curiosity. "What fugitive?" they questioned aloud. "Who could be so dangerous that it warrants the recruitment of Team Radiant?" The atmosphere grew tense as everyone awaited the answer.

As Alakazam revealed their target to be the shiny Absol responsible for disrupting world peace and the tragic death of Penny the Lilligant, gasps of fear rippled through the gathered crowd. Tyranitar thanked everyone for their reception and announced that they needed to depart immediately, with Volcarona adding that she heard rumors about his sightings in the region of Lant.

Assuring everyone that Team Radiant was up to the task, Elton urged them not to worry as the legendary team set off on their mission.

***

Hours later, in the guild's kitchen, a Lickilicky chef discovered that a Tiramisu dessert had gone bad-it was soggy, smelled odd, and had a different texture. Suspecting expired ingredients, Lickilicky decided to discard it.

However, the head chef, an Alcremie, intervened and insisted that the Tiramisu was perfectly fine and that no one would get sick. Despite Lickilicky's concerns, Alcremie remained adamant.