Chapter 50

"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other and to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories"

- George Eliot, English novelist & poet.

Thumps. I've been hearing them ever since I got here. And by here, I mean the elven royal palace. I looked to my side, seeing my long-eared companion with me.

The thumping continues, and I could tell she was the source of that strangely loud sound. But what was it exactly? My eyes dropped lower, landing on her chest area. Was it her heart?

Is she nervous? I looked up at her face again, only to see her paler than she was a second ago. Ghostly pale, concerningly pale. She's definitely nervous.

Who knew it was humanly possible for a person's heart to beat this loudly? Oh, wait. She isn't a human but an elf, I almost forgot. Does it have something to do with that?

Probably not, right? Or maybe it's because my hearing has improved?

Momo bit her thumb while sweating a waterfall in her place. "I think I'm gonna throw up..." She slapped a hand over her mouth and suppressed her growing urge to vomit her breakfast out.

"I don't think vomiting right inside your mom's place is a good idea" I handed her a bottle of water before rubbing circles on her back.

"This is my place too, y'know? This is my room as well, I'm free to do whatever I want with it" She retorted before wrapping herself around my pillow for comfort.

"Yeah, but still... That's gross, so please don't do it"

Momo and I are here to see her mother. We informed her of our visit beforehand and were told by the maids to wait in here after arriving. The Elf Queen is currently in a meeting and plans to see us shortly after.

She exhaled deeply, eyes closed shut and hands slapping her cheeks as if to expel all the thoughts clouding her mind. Sad to say, it didn't work.

"Ahh, I can't do this!" She exclaimed, falling back on her bed before rolling around like a whiny raccoon.

I stifled a laugh and leaned back on my seat. "Why are you so nervous? It's not like she's gonna kill you"

Almost immediately, Momo sprung back up and shot me a pointed look. "You don't know her, Y/n! She's scary and violent when she's mad, very different from Taeyeon!"