Chapter 15: A Fear

The tension between me and Rafael is different. Those deep brown eyes sparkles and how they are only focused on me like he was reading and memorizing every features I had. The way the moonlights shines above us, so right at the moment that we are feeling.

My confession seems to confused him since I told him that my parents are alive and how I lied to him. I know this is the right time to tell him because...I can feel it...

There is already a connection between us that I just can't explain but feel.

"Rafael, I was abused by my Mom since my Dad died when I was younger" I started telling him "I'm not lucky like what you said. You're lucky because you still have your brothers and sisters that loves you and cares for you no matter what happens...unlike me" my voice soften as I reached the end of my sentence because of the tears I am battling not to show.

"I grew up in a very poor neighborhood and when I say poor...as in really poor . My Mom and Dad are so addicted to drugs, alcohol, smokes and so many more and I just can't handle it. Then my Dad died in a car accident then my Mom got so depressed...she started taking all those madness on me. She won't miss a day without pulling my hair, kicking me, punching me and screaming at me, telling me how miserable I am to their life" this time, I can't control it anymore...My emotions burst out and all my tears escaped my eyes.

I felt Rafael, shifted closer to me and raised his fingers to wipe them away but his face was serious and wanted to hear more.

"My mom would come home with different men every night and she even let them molest me in front of her. They try to touch me, kiss me but I fought them. One night, I kicked his man on his stomach, Mom nearly killed me. She stabbed me here" I slowly stood up and raised my top to show him the stab marks near my hipbone.

"She let those fucking men touch you? Why would she do that?" Rafael asked, I thought he won't be speaking until I finished my story.

"Y-yeah, because I think those men are paying her for that. That's why I believed that money is the most important thing for everyone...like you and for me" I let out a weak laugh "That's why I agree to this deal because I needed the money"

Rafael's eyes soften for a little when I said that, he let out a sigh before opening his closed mouth "Yes and I am so grateful to you for helping me in this thing. I know pretending as my fake wife is hard especially me as your husband and the way of my lifestyle is way different from what you are used to" his hand slowly snaked to mine and pulled me to him, crashing me to his hard chest catching me by surprise and he whispered to my ear "I'm sorry for making you do this. I promise that I will help you even after our deal"

My eyebrows touched "Help me? How?"

Rafael smirked and chuckled "I'm Rafael Knight...I can make things my way." he joked, as I playfully punched his hard chest, earning a husky laugh from him. "You till became my wife, Belle. That is something that I will hold forever."

I sigh and thought about it. How will be my life after all of these? With the money that I will get from him and what will be our lifestyle? At the short amount of time that we had, Rafael changes everything. I experienced the happy world, being rich, introduced me to so many different things...and the love that I wanted from a family.

I know it's stupid for me to love but...he is giving me the feeling of having a family.

"Stop crying already. I don't know what I am going to do if you're doing that" he wiped my tears again, using his thumb.

I did and smiled happily. God, It feels so good to let it out with someone. Rafael is the only one who can see all the sides of me. I had never ever shown Catalina that I cried. When she saw me at the streets homeless and running through the rain, I didn't cried. She asked me if I needed help and I just told her...job and home. She quickly helped me and gave me the job since then...I thought I was strong.