Chapter 24: Dress To Impress

"Now you look like a million bucks" Catalina said as she stepped back so I can look at myself on the  mirror. I called her again and made her come over before she goes to work. I need some second opinions about my looks tonight though. "Amiga, if Rafael didn't see your beauty tonight...tsk, I am gonna kick his hairy ass"

I slowly turn around and...my, I look different! I don't see Isabelle anymore, the woman I am staring at now looks so rich and gentle. "Damn, you did awesome, bitch." I muttered, still staring at the  mirror. "My eyes looks so bold and my lips are so sexy"

"You are talking about Catalina here, my dear. With my years of experience as an entertainer, changing my looks is part of my job." She told me, as she sits on my bed. "You look older though. You don't look 21"

"Yeah right. I look 26 with my looks. But really...thanks a lot, Catalina! I owe you a lot." I playfully winked at her as I hop to the walk in closet to get my outfit. My dress is a snake skin look that ends above my knees with a halter neckline. I came out already wearing the dress and cleared my throat to get Catalina's attention.

"Wow" her eyes widened seeing me "You look amazingly hot, Belle. I must say, you are really gonna be the most beautiful girl at that party. C'mon, you won't look at you?! Your legs are so long and sexy that can make any men go crazy!"

"Yeah, right. Wait until you see the others, Catalina. You will also say the same to them" I muttered, letting out a deep breath.

"No, Belle. I am really sure, your husband will notice your beauty tonight. You really do look stunning in that snake dress and that black stiletto shoes." She smiled, "Gain some confidence, Bitch. The secret to look beautiful is to feel that you are beautiful."

Feel beautiful? Gain some confidence.

"My husband is different, Catalina. All he cares are what the people will think." I muttered "He will go to the safe part that have others talk about us"

Catalina went silence for a second before she took a deep breathe and spoke once again "You know...last night at the club. I finally understand why you fallen in love with your husband"

"What?"

"Your husband really cares for you, Belle. I can see it in his eyes. The anger in them when Michael tried to take you away. He really had those killer eyes and I was shaking in fear, thinking that there is a possible crime scene is gonna happen in the club. Rafael is ready to fight for you"

I shook my head, refusing to believe it. "No, Catalina. Yes I love him but...he doesn't love me back. You know why? Because he is blinded with hatred and revenge. He had no place in his heart for love or even a slightest of care! He is made up of stone that I can't break~"

"~Then think!" She cut me off. "Don't give up so easily. My God, Belle. This is not that girl I picked up on the street that night. I picked up a girl who didn't give up in finding hope and shelter. Now you are just gonna give up for love? Fuck that!" She exclaimed "You are not a quitter, Belle. You're a survivor who had gone through so many hardships in life. Then suddenly you got defeated by love?! That's humiliating, Belle. Really..."

I don't know what to say anymore. No words came out from my mouth as my mind keeps on circling.  Her words hit me so hard that it goes in my mind over and over. I just had an advice from Catalina...the love-hater, just told me to fight for love. How cool was that???

But when all those words got to me, a smile appeared from my lips "Thanks, Catalina. I learned something from you"

Then she smiled as well "Good thing I helped.. that is is the last time I am gonna advice you about that stinking love, alright?"