Chapter 17: Soon to End

The honeymoon days will end tomorrow. How I wished this will never end and last forever. If I were to choose I would rather live in a paradise like this alone. It makes me feel so relax and free. Like I don't even have problems.

All I did these past few days was swim at the beach then sit down on the sand as I watch other families laugh and enjoy the water. Rafael and I just had normal conversation. I would sleep on the bed while he sleeps at the couch. I told him to exchange places with me but he doesn't want to.

That is his problem not mine. 

Most of the time I would go to the beach, sit down on the sand and watch how the other people enjoy the warm and the  enjoyable ocean. Rafael, in the other hand, would rather stay inside the villa than go out here with me. Well, to be honest...

Since that little argument and misunderstanding we had a few days ago, everything between us gotten awkward. When we eat together, the silence is eating us. I don't know if it is my fault or his but I feel so uncomfortable about it.

I mentally slap myself.

Gosh, if I continue this act, I totally sounds like a woman in love.

In love? 

The thought made me think as my heart starts to beat rapidly.

Love?

What's love?

Love is not real. It only exists in fairy tales, which is also not real. Damn it, why does that word keeps on running to my mind? When I thought of Rafael, that word will pops into my head. Why is this happening to me!!!

A girl like me never falls in loves.

I remember the motto I learned with the girls in the club ; We don't make love. We make money.

I look like a lunatic when I all of a sudden, raffle my hair aggressively and groaning loudly. I don't want this feeling anymore. I can't control it.

I stood up from the sand, grab my scarf and put on some black sunglasses to protect from the hot sun. Geez, the temperature in this place sure is hotter than I have ever felt in my while life. But it's nice to feel some heat though.

I walk back to the villa and found that the living room is empty. The couch where Rafael was sleeping was empty and the blanket he used is not yet arrange.

That man. He never arranges the place where he sleeps that's why I would do the honor to arrange it most of the time. Speaking of that man, where is he?

I search around the house and still no sign of him. Outside? I went to the balcony then look for him at the small hut behind where there is a magnificent view. He is probably there.

And I was right.

There he is, looking from the distance. Daydreaming about something as he swings his body on the traditional hammok in here. He lays down there, with his hand on his stomach. Did I mention that my husband looks so hot even without trying? He just flash his upper body and wears only his boxers, damn he can make so many women drools for him.

Rafael, I noticed that this honeymoon was the only vacation he had. When the end tomorrow, he will go back to his usual doings. Work all day, meetings, travelling and also the family problem he is carrying. He must be some how relief even at the small time. And I am not helping.

I made the situation worse because of my selfish reactions. I should make up with him and make this honeymoon something with remembering.

For my husband.