Chapter 33: The Confession

I had spend the next two days of my life just in my room, doing nothing and stare at the whole city trough my windows. My mind was pure blank and my eyes are already tired from crying. They were actually already swollen.

In short, I look like a mess.

I ate nothing but chocolates that I have in my mini fridge that is in my room, near the door. My water stocks are nearly gone but I am not leaving this place no matter what happen until I get that information from Mike about my Mom.

I am dying to know who is Gabby in my life! I really want to solve this puzzle to know about her. My life depends on the answer and I can't wait for it.

Right now, I am sitting on the window, hugging my legs and stare at the city below me. I closed my eyes and imagine what a mess I am right now.

Fake wife...

That is what I am right now. I want to end this shit as soon as possible before anything gets worse between us. I don't want anymore pain in my life. I'm done with it!!!

I've been experiencing pain since I was born...until now?! I'm already too tired for these shit!

But to be honest, in my two days not leaving my room. Not even once...he tried to knock and talk to me.

He doesn't care.

He really does want me out of his life, huh? Why, can't wait to be with his whore? Tsk, so impatient of him.

Just a minute, my phone started to ring which made me come to my senses and ran to wherever it is. Okay, I couldn't find my phone because my room is a total mess right now. Jeez, where is it?!

Finally, I saw it under my bed! How did it get there in the first place? I checked out who was calling me and thank God it's Mike.

"Hello?" I answered quickly.

"Mrs. Knight, I already found out about the woman you are searching."

Oh God, you don't know how happy I am when I heard those words. "Really? Where are you? I need to see those as soon as possible. Wait, somewhere that my husband won't know..."

"Boss is in a meeting until noon. Lets just meet up in his office." He suggested.

"Okay." I replied after a second then ended the call. I jump from the window and ran to my closet to get some sweatshirt to wear over my plain tank top. I didn't change my denim shorts because it looks fine to me if I face Mike.

I went down to Rafael's office but in my surprise, Mike is already there, standing and waiting to me, obviously.

"Mrs. Knight, here are the files that I have gathered about Alyssa Heinrich." Mike handed me a long brown envelope.

I took and opened it eagerly. But all it had inside are my mom's birth certificate, her job information, her files when she was sent in jail and...some pictures of her, that made very curious.

It's been two years and she looked a lot different now from what she looks like when I last saw her.
She looks...clean?

It was a photo of her, sitting on a public bench, drinking coffee I think or tea but that doesn't matter. What's confusing me is how she looks like right now.

Usually, she had huge bags under her eyes, messy uncombed hair and her clothes were crippled and old.

But what I am seeing in the photo is her eye bags are no longer visible. Her hair was short and were cute right. Her clothes are clean and brand new! She is sipping that cup and surprisingly it's not cocaine nor alcohol! This is so shocking!