Chapter 29: Family Gathering

I stare at myself in front of my whole body mirror checking myself if I need some changes. Tonight, we are going back to the Knight residence, which is so nerve racking for me.  I wore a simple gray fitted cocktail dress that I just saw inside my closet.

Rafael is getting ready in his room and I am looking forward to see how hot he will look.

I know that Rafael is also nervous because he will be facing his Dad again but he told me he is looking forward to see his brothers and sisters.

Attending parties is something I should be used to if I will continue in this family.

Alright, I'm done. So let's get this show on the  road! So I grab my purse then head out of my room. When I was going down the stairway when slowly I hear a music coming from the living room where the huge speaker is located. The music is just a simple soft violin song. I saw Rafael standing at the balcony of this penthouse. He looks like he in deep thoughts.

Slowly, I tiptoe to his direction, trying not to any sounds. So when I reached him, I just screamed and scared him "BOOOO!!!"

But he didn't even flinch....

How nice...

But he did laugh, sarcastically

"Trying to scare me, huh?" He teased then laughed again but he stopped when he look at my outfit, his smile disappeared.

My eyebrows touched and also looked at myself "Do I look bad?" I asked, a little worried that I didn't even impress him.

But he continued to stare at me without even blinking. Like he was examining me or something. Now I felt conscious about myself.

"Rafael? Hello? Should I change?" I repeated, snapping my fingers in front if his eyes and it caused him to blink and wake up from his thoughts.

"What we're you saying?" He asked, unaware that I have been calling him from the start.

I sigh before answering him, tilting my head to the side "I said, do I look okay? Should I change because you have been staring at me like you hate my outfit"

"What? No, you look really beautiful in that dress. I'm sorry for pacing out but I really like your looks for tonight" he put a hand on his pocket and smiled.

I quickly blushed when the word beautiful came out from his mouth. He said those words again to me for the second time. Oh my God, somebody punch me in the face if this is only dream. But if it really is, I don't wanna wake up.

"T-thanks...you don't look bad as well." I stuttered because my face is like a tomato right now and I am feeling so hot right now. Can somebody please dunk me in a bucket of ice?

"So...shall we?" I asked, as I looked at the click to check the time....

5:50 pm.

Still a little early though.

I stop at my spot when I heard the music was volumed up. I turn around and saw Rafael walking closer to me as my heart speed up quickly. Oh my, what is he doing? My knees weakened when he brings out his hand from his pocket with a boyish smirk.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Rafael sigh then glare at me playfully "Way to ruin the moment, slave. I am trying to be romantic here."

"Romantic?" It came out like a scoff from me as I look at him with one eyebrow raised "I thought you don't do romance?"

"That's why I'm trying" he said, his voice somehow makes me give up and as much as u want to lie, I did let out a girly smile. How gross of me. "So?" His hand is still open.