Chapter 25: The Woman That Caused His Pain

Look at picture on the side before you read so will have a vision of Marissa and Belle. And comment which of them is beautiful?

"So you also brought your ill-favored girl in this party?" Rafael spat rudely, his mood is getting back. "As much as I know the only Knight that is invited in this party is me and my wife then why are your whole family here?"

"The birthday boy's parents invited us, Rafael." Marissa replied, but she is having difficulties in having eye contact with him. What is this uncomfortable feeling I have when this two are together? Something is really fishy with these two that I have to know.

"Oh? So why are you here? As far as I know, you are not a Knight, Marissa" Rafael restored with a furious voice that makes me scared if he is talking to me.

"Leave her out of this, you bastard." Roberto hissed at his brother, his face definitely changed at this moment.

"Then you stay away from my wife. I don't want you near even a meter from her."

"Why? Is it bad if I flirt around with your wife, brother? You worried that your wife might fall for me?" The evil grin finally came from Roberto's features that triggers Rafael's anger more.

"You son of a~"

"Rafael..." I cut him, holding his hand this time to stop this before it gets worse. "Don't cause a scene here. Your father is definitely watching this and I am sure that they are testing us." I whispered then he intertwined his fingers with mine, realizing it.

His Adam's apple bobbled as he looked looked at me then turn to his brother "Listen here, Roberto if you ever make a move or even come closer to my wife...you'll regret it." He threatened then pulling me away from them as he walked farther from them and we ended up going to the balcony that is only me and Rafael here.

He finally let go of my hand, he leaned on the balcony by placing both of his hands on the railings and stared in a distance while a huge silence enveloped us.

"R-Rafael... I know this is not the right time to talk about but~"

"Marissa was once my fiance" he suddenly blurt out making me froze where I stand and the words I was about to say got stuck in my mouth.

So that's why he was so mad when he felt her presence this evening. He had something in him that keeps on boiling every time Roberto and that girl is involved. Now I understand why he hates that girl.

Slowly, I walked to towards him and stood next to him. "Um...so what happened?"

Rafael didn't reply immediately, instead he let out a deep sigh and I saw him swallow "Marissa and I met when I was introduced in the Knight Family...meaning when my Mother died and moved in with Father."

I nod my head and told him to continue.

"She is studying at the same school as I am. She was a sweet and nice girl back then...always smiling and kind to me. Then like the normal, we are always together and then we dated just a few weeks after that." Then a bitter chuckle came out from him before he could continue "After graduating, I quickly proposed to her and she agreed. But everything changed when Dad announced that he is giving one of his successful company to me or Roberto..."

I think I am figuring this out. Rafael's face still possess the cold and hard look but his eyes won't lie to me. I can still see the pain and hurt in them.

"I already notices the strange looks Roberto gives her when I invited her in the house and introduced her as my fiance. But...that same night, she must felt that my Dad's favorite is Roberto and she..." then a hurt smile came out from him "She thought Dad is giving the company to my brother then...I saw them together...naked in his room and the next thing I know, she is already with him."