Chapter 16: Revelations

"You should really stop laughing, Belle. It's already pissing me off" Rafael groans, annoyingly as I fight so hard not to laugh again. "I'm serious. Stop laughing" he repeated

"Okay, okay. I will try" I mumbled and sat down next to him on the blanket with him lying on his back, his one hand under his head and the other holding his book that he is reading.

I hugged my legs as the air hits my bare skin making me shiver. Now I am getting bored.

What should topic of a conversation should I start with this man. I know that he is not interested in most of the things so what should I tell him.

"Hey Rafael?"

"Hmm?"

"How many girls have you dated before?" I blurt out and Rafael suddenly let go of the book and it fell on his chest.

"Why would you like to know?" He questioned, with one eyebrow raised.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know...I just want to know"

Rafael shook his head and turn away from me "Its better if you don't know, Belle. Its in the past and it will stay in the past." He said, straightly.

Oh...

"O-okay" I murmured. I guess he hates talking about those ex of his. I wonder how many they are.

I remember the party at his family. The woman with Roberto. She held something that made Rafael uncomfortable with her around. And I can see that something is wrong with the two of them.

Whats her name again?

Marissa?

"Erm...Rafael?" I called once again as I figure out what to ask. Since it's bothering me for a while.

"What?" He asked, not facing me.

"W-why did you ask me as your wife? There are lots and lots of woman out there with beauty, the brain and the experience of rich life. Why me? Why someone you bought from the auctio?" I kept on mumbling. I didn't notice that Rafael is staring at me.

His eyes are searching for questions. Maybe he is thinking that I sound and look retarded by now for asking those all of the sudden.

"Do you really want to know?"

I nod my head and cross sitting while playing with my fingers "Yeah?"

Rafael sigh before answering as he sat up straight, placing his book down on the side "It's not really my intention to pick you. It only happens that you caught my attention immediately." He explained first "When I was thinking of the company, I really wanted to get it no matter what it takes. Getting married is not what I planned. But when my brother suggested to get a wife, I need a wife that will pretend and who won't fall in love with me."

Who won't fall in love

"So when I filed for divorce, it will be easy for the both of us. No strings attached...no love included. I trust you not to fall for me. Because I hate me falling in love, it is just a waste of my time . I am a cold man who plans to be alone forever. Love is out of my list and I don't do romance. Its just a waste of time."

Oh my God...

What does he mean by that?

"And you trust me enough not to fall for you" I came up with an idea and not be too obvious.

Rafael stared at me, his eyes, features are cold and blank like the man I saw  at the auction.

The real him.